The Studio, 13 Muncaster Pl
Cranebrook NSW 2749
North Penrith, Cranebrook, Glenmore Park
View All 3 Locations
Laugh yourself to better health & wellbeing, when you organise a spot in one of the professional Laughter Yoga Classes at Living Beautifully. Classes available to everyone in the greater Cranebrook area
Living Beautifully - Laughter Yoga
Brief History Of Laughter Yoga
Laughter Yoga was developed in Mumbai India in 1995 by Dr.Madam Kataria, a qualified medical doctor and his wife Madhuri, a yoga teacher. Dr. Kataria recognised that people were laughing less, more stressed and less playful and thought that by increasing laughter he could improve an individuals health.
Laughter yoga is now being taught in 65 different countries and there are many laughter clubs throughout the world. This form of yoga is easy to do and as such is practised by people of all ages, including Children and the Elderly.
What Is Laughter Yoga?
Laughter Yoga is a group session of aerobic activity, which involves individuals turning fake laughter into real laughter. It consists of combining hand clapping rhythms, breathing exercises from yoga, and playful laughter exercises.
The brain cannot differentiate between fake laughter and genuine laughter and as a result it provides all of the healing benefits of real laughter. As these sessions are completed in a group setting, participants also get the added benefits of laughing along with their family or friends.
Why Should You Give Laughter Yoga a Try?
The simple act of laughing can help to alleviate a range of health conditions and ailments, with the most popular benefits including:
- Reducing stress and tension
- Providing aerobic exercise and increasing oxygen supply to the brain
- Releasing endorphins which help us feel good
- Burning calories and stabilises blood sugar
- Strengthening the immune system
- Lowering blood pressure and produces a feeling of relaxation and wellbeing
Laughter also contributes to our resilience (the ability to bounce back from daily stress), so why wouldn't you give us a call today to organise your next Laughter Yoga class and discover the health benefits for your self
- Diploma in teaching from the International Yoga Teachers Association
- Level 2 accreditation through Satyananda Yoga Academy
- Qualified Laughter Yoga Teacher
- Senior Yoga Teaching Member of the Yoga Teachers Association of Australia