- We’re living in an exciting but challenging time in history. There's a great awakening taking place. People are being called in large numbers to release the dark thoughts, feelings and beliefs that have kept them down for so long and to step into the light. Will you join the call?
- As the great awakening gathers pace more and more dark practices engaged in by people we have looked up to and trusted will continue to be revealed. This will be shocking and triggering for those who have not released their painful past.
- You know you’re in darkness when you feel anxious, depressed, sick, worried, afraid, tired, joyless, This is not your natural state. If you’re ready to let these go you’ve come to the right place.
- Contact me if you need support to release the past and to face the storm ahead. I’ll coach you to use EFT, a releasing technique that’s being called the fourth wave of psychology. There’s no need to spend many years and thousands of dollars in therapy while making slow progress. EFT is fast, effective and doesn’t retraumatise by asking you to constantly re-tell your painful stories.
- EFT helps you find and release the thoughts, feelings and beliefs that are blocking the light. Once the blocks are cleared, the darkness is dispelled and you can then perceive the light that’s been there all along. This is the essence of the spiritual journey.
- You deserve peace and the world needs you to heal so it can heal. Come join the awakening.
Curious about how EFT can help you? Contact me to book a free 15min phone or online session to find out.
- Clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) Practitioner
- Diploma of Leadership Coaching
- Post-Graduate Degree in Psychology (not a psychologist)
- Certificate in Guiding & Teaching Meditation
- Student of A Course in Miracles for over 10 years.
Before my session with Megan, I was addicted to checking my emails on my phone. This is something that I have had challenges with for many years and wasn’t able to resolve. I was able to clear many of the layers around this ‘addiction’ and since our session, I have found myself less focused on checking my emails! Thank you Megan for supporting me to clear this unresolved issue in my life – you have a gentle and supportive way to helping me to move through various challenges and blocks holding me back!
- Lisa Gumieniuk, Coach, Balmain, NSW
Megan is truly wonderful! She brought so much light and love into my childhood sexual trauma, which I didn’t even realize was the issue behind the present-day challenge I came to her for. She provided an incredibly safe environment to open and release while maintaining her focus on the issue I came to her for. I left so inspired to make positive changes in my life and am truly grateful for the work she is doing for the world.
- Laura Prechel, Trauma Coach, Fort Collins, CO
What is EFT?
EFT is a stress management technique, a way of calming the body and brain. It has its roots in:
- Eastern philosophies, particularly acupuncture.
- Western psychology, particularly humanistic/client-centred therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy and exposure therapy.
It has been found to have profound effects on the nervous system, the production of stress hormones (particularly cortisol), DNA regulation, and brain activation. The nervous system links to every other major bodily system which is why we feel bad all over when we're stressed.
EFT appears to affect the amygdala (stress centre in the brain) and hippocampus (memory centre), both of which play a role in the decision process when you decide whether something is a threat. EFT has been scientifically shown to significantly lower cortisol levels (43% after 1hr of tapping in a 2019 study), cortisol being a key stress hormone.
Stress is a response to threats, whether these are real (such as being in a car accident) or perceived (such as your partner saying, 'we need to talk'). Research shows that constant stress has detrimental effects on the body's immune system and can lead to many illnesses and diseases. When you're stressed, up to 70% of the blood drains from the frontal lobes of your brain into your peripheral muscles - after all, you don't need to be able to perform calculus when you're running from a tiger. Using tapping to release the stress allows for clearer thinking, better decision making and better physical health, all due to a calm state of mind.
Evidence of EFT's effectiveness can now be found in more than 100 outcomes studies in over 12 countries. The research demonstrates strong positive outcomes after relatively few treatment sessions. Conditions responding particularly well included phobias, anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Studies with long-term follow-up show that the changes last, so there may be changes in the brain's neural pathways over time.
One of the techniques of EFT is to stimulate, by tapping with finger-tips, selected points, called acupoints, which are areas on the body of high electrical conductivity. Scientific research has shown that tapping on acupoints is a key active ingredient in EFT working. Tapping can be used to neutralise distressing or negative feelings and self-limiting thoughts or behaviours. When these dark mental states are released, we experience the lightness that is our natural state as it is no longer blocked.
The EFT process has someone state the truth of what is happening for them (eg. I believe I'm going to fail) and acknowledge it. This engages the amygdala (the stress centre), the hippocampus (memory centre) and the limbic system (the emotion centre) in the brain and body. We then tap on the acupressure points which is like hitting the delete button. The tapping sends an electrical signal via the meridian system to the amygdala and limbic system which neutralises the stress response.
While tapping you may actually feel your body relax and it is common to yawn. Once the stress is released, cognitive shifts (or reframes) may surface naturally allowing you to see your stressor from a more resourceful, helpful, positive perspective.
For more information, see:
- The book The Science of Tapping by EFT expert and researcher Dr Peta Stapleton.
Curious about how EFT can help you? Contact me to book a free 15min phone or Skype session to find out.
I struggled with anxiety for 30 years. I never felt good enough, I was doing spiritual work but didn’t seem to be getting anywhere, I was lost in constant dark thoughts, I attached myself to person after person trying to get some ‘feel good’ energy which never lasted.
My anxiety intensified when I joined the corporate world as it pushed all my ‘not good enough’ buttons. I then got myself into a co-dependent relationship with a narcissist which eroded my self-esteem even further, not to mention my bank account.
Once I realised that the relationship was emotionally and financially abusive I started doing intensive inner work to try to build my self-esteem back up again. My goal was to build up enough life force energy to leave the situation. It took me a year but I eventually left thanks to my hard work and the support of some wonderful friends and my family.
Building my life and myself back up was a slow, painful process as I gradually looked at all the dark stuff I’d been carrying with me throughout my life and released it. In 2010, I became a student of A Course in Miracles, the West’s only non-dual spiritual teaching, which changed my life – it was like someone had switched on a light in a dark room and I could see a way out for the first time.
I continued with other inner work practices like meditation, art therapy, reiki and Byron Katie’s The Work. All had a profound effect on me. The inner changes started showing up in the outer world - I found the love of my life, I started really enjoying my work, and my life began to feel deeply meaningful and peaceful for the first time.
The icing on the cake was studying Clinical Emotional Freedom Techniques* (EFT) and completing my practitioner training. Using this technique to heal myself and support others seemed to synthesise all the psychological and spiritual knowledge I’d gained over the years and I knew that EFT would become my main tool.
My intention is to be a way-shower for others who are still trapped in the dark but who want to move into the light. If that’s you, contact me so we can discuss how I may assist you on your journey.
* Clinical EFT is the form of EFT used in the research trials that consistently show results as good as, and often better than, traditional, industry-recognised forms of therapy such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.
How to work with me
- Book a free 15min discussion so we can confirm that EFT is right for you.
- Book and pay for your first session; read and sign a form for full disclosure about my services.
- The first session is 90min so we have time to explore your issues, I can explain EFT if needed and you can ask any questions before we start the full session.
- Subsequent sessions are 60min. I highly recommend a minimum of 6 sessions as this is where you will see the full benefits of EFT.
I am only available Fridays and Saturdays (Sydney Australia time).
If you choose to phone me and I don’t answer please leave a voicemail – I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Contact me to discuss how we may work together so you can step out of darkness and into the light.