Well for Life Centre for Counselling, Mindfulness and Holistic Health
Counselling & Psychotherapy Services
Counselling and Psychotherapy
Meeting life's challenges:
Life can bring experiences that are painful, confusing or overwhelming. At times your usual coping strategies and skills may not be quite enough to overcome these challenges. This is the time to reach out for professional help. For the past 20 years, I have spent my every working day supporting people to heal from emotional wounds, learn skills to work through even the most trying issues, grow in strength and resilience and thrive in their lives.
Growing through change:
As you grow through life-stages, from a young adult into maturity, the demands of life keep changing and you are often called to adapt and adjust and grow with change yet what worked in younger years is likely to be outdated in the later stage of life. Navigating these transitions is not always easy or smooth. My commitment is to support you to respond to change in ways that leave you fulfilled and happy.
Reaching your potential:
What can you expect?
My work honours your unique needs and wants and I am guided by the qualities of respect, care and compassion, empathy, patience and a genuine interest in you and your situation. I also have a firm focus on bringing about change and transformation to help you lead a happy, successful and fulfilled life.
How long? How deep?
Just as a person might go to the doctor with a cut in the skin or a major, life-threatening illness, so might a person come to a counsellor or psychotherapist with a current life-issue that is fairly straight-forward to solve or with a long-standing, complex, deep distress that needs more time, deeper engagement and stronger guidance from the therapist. In the first couple of sessions, you, the client and I decide together on the number and frequency of sessions which is based on your needs, current situation and desired outcomes.
I have worked therapeutically with hundreds of people and I have come to see that there are a number of distinct components that need to be addressed in the process of therapy.
1. The pain of the current situation: most people come into counselling in much emotional pain-a separation, a loss, an illness, or an overall dissatisfaction or even despair with life. In therapy, this pain is heard and seen, held with kindness, cared for and given as much time and space as it needs. Its origins can be given voice, its depth understood and its impact explored.
2. The blockages to healing and thriving: if change were straightforward there would be little need for professionals like me. Many things can get in the way of healing and usually, people have little insight into the inner obstacles that hold you back. These might be unhelpful beliefs or out-dated values or habits that get in the way. Life-experiences and trauma often shape how a person experiences their current situation and these need to be addressed.
Childhood events often impact deeply but move into the background of knowing; these may need to be processed. Current lifestyle choices, relationships or work situations may need to be re-evaluated. It is often the independent yet caring point of view that offers the client new perspectives.
3. The vision for a happier life: at times people who come to see me are surprised to be asked what a happier, more satisfactory life might look like for them. It never occurred to them to articulate a clear vision. Others are quite clear and have a strong sense of direction already; it is more the obstacles that need to be addressed. There are many layers to this, of course, and from a holistic perspective, it means being happier in body, mind, heart and soul as well as feel a sense of integrity in relationships, health and lifestyle.
4. The path to get there: there are many ways to healing and there are many therapeutic approaches that are taught and practised to support the healing process. The methods that guide my work are based on humanistic, existential and holistic principles. As a therapist, I became aware some years ago of the growing use of meditation and mindfulness as a tool for healing in therapy.
With more and more research available it became clear to me that mindfulness practices were not only complementary to my existing work as a therapist but could expand my ability to help clients with different presenting issues. I include strength-based approaches, work creatively and experientially and work very closely with my clients own personality, potential and preferences.
I am a lecturer at university and teach counsellors and psychologists to become professionals and as such need to stay abreast of latest development in therapeutic research and practice. I am actively engaged in ongoing professional development; I read widely, have regular supervision and am committed to my own personal and spiritual development.
5. The way to sustain the good life: in addition to gaining insight and making new choices for ones life the goal of therapy is to sustain and grow what has been gained. When the counselling relationship comes to an end, long-term plans are made, resources offered and support structures put in place. In addition, I have an open-door policy which means that my clients are welcome to come back any time they need support and guidance.
You may have questions about counselling and psychotherapy, about how I work, whether I have experience working with the particular issue you are facing, fee structure and more.
Contact me via email Sabina@SabinaRabold.com or mobile phone: +61 (0)419 980 923 to have an initial conversation and to make an appointment.
Well for Life, Centre for Counselling, Mindfulness and Holistic Health offers Individual, Couple and Group Counselling and Psychotherapy with qualified, professional therapists.
Learn how to Meditate like a professional, by completing either 1,2,3 or 4 Seminar Sessions with Sabina at Mindful Awareness.
Take more notice of what's going around you and learn to reduce your stress levels, with a professional Mindfulness Based Stressed Reduction Program or Consultation.