Find a Yoga Teacher in your area
Mosman Village Yoga
Discover our fully equipped studio, with a range of classes and programs on offer that will suit beginners to more experienced practitioners.
Mosman Village Yoga
We pride ourselves in providing top quality professional instruction in a boutique setting. When you join us you can be sure you will receive personal attention and support to reach your goals, rather than just being a number in a large class.
We specialise in the Japanese style of yoga aligned with the seasons and utilising ancient Oriental wisdom – working with meridians in the body, the concept of yin and yang in all things, mindfulness, mind-heart connection & meditation practices, corrective exercises for body imbalances, and food and remedies to support you on your path. In addition we have Pilates, Meditation, Kids & Teens classes, and Yoga Therapy on our schedule. We also offer private sessions in our Wellness area in yoga, Shiatsu massage, energetic healing, psychology, somatic movement and psychosomatic therapy.
We invite you to join our friendly and supportive community, learn techniques for improving energy, rebalancing and strengthening stressed out bodies, breathing techniques to calm the mind, and simple practices that can connect you to your true purpose and reignite your passion for life.
EARLY BIRD – these classes are energising and will get you set up for the day, working on connecting body and mind through the breath, core strength and flexibility, and may involve some partner stretches.
PILATES MAT – focused on pelvic floor health, postural alignment and core strength. Suitable for beginners to intermediate.
DYNAMIC KI YOGA
- a high energy class that will have you starting the day in a positive frame of mind.
- a contemporary Japanese yoga incorporating yoga asana, do-in self-massage, meridian work, qigong, strength and purification exercises. Core activating, joint mobilising, nourishing and strengthening. An enjoyable, mindful class to sustain you through the day and the week. Suitable for all levels including beginners.
- a one hour class, more tailored to individual needs. Suitable for those with current injuries or chronic conditions.
- a one hour class, working on the basics of being present with body and breath connected, strengthening the core, releasing muscular tension, and improving flexibility of the spine and joints.
- a 75 minute class practicing at a slower pace, holding the poses for longer to access a deeper stretch, and making use of bolsters, blankets and belts to assist with going into a place of stillness. A great recovery session for athletes, those coming back from illness, or those looking for a more contemplative practice. Incorporates a yoga nidra (guided relaxation) or a meditation practice.
While we do run a Beginner’s Fundamentals course for those with no prior experience, it is still possible to join most of our classes, but please make the teacher aware before the class if this is your first time. We also like to know of any current or chronic injuries or health conditions (including pregnancy) so modifications can be given as needed. The most important thing to remember is that yoga is not competitive, and there’s plenty of encouragement and support available, take rests as and when you need them. We ask that you take responsibility for your own body, and respect its limitations. We recommend that you wait until you are at least 12 weeks pregnant before commencing yoga for the first time.If you have any questions prior to commencing, please contact us to discuss whether a particular class will be suitable for you.
Mats, blankets and bolsters are all provided in the studio and are cleaned regularly, but please bring your own mat or a towel or sarong if you tend to sweat. Mat spray is available in the studio for your use. Please refrain from wearing perfume, and mobile phones are to be switched off in the studio. Time is important for everyone so plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to start time so that you can settle in and ask any questions. Best not to eat for at least 1.5 hrs before class, and bring layers + socks for the cooler months.