Motivating Health - Herbalism & Nutrition
What is Herbal Medicine?
Herbal medicine is the oldest and is amongst the most widely utilises systems of medicine in the world today. It is medicine made exclusively from plants. It is utilised in all societies and is common across all different cultures.
Using plants as medicine provides significant advantages for treating a range of conditions. The therapeutic activity of a plant is a result of its complex chemical make-up with different sections of the plant providing certain therapeutic effects.
What is a Medical Herbalist?
- Someone who provides lifestyle and dietary advice
- A medical expert who is trained in the philosophies, principals and practice of western herbal medicine and medical science.
- Someone who takes a holistic view towards illness and health.
- Looks to prevent disease and lifestyle advice.
- Looks to find the underlying cause of the illness.