Manly Pittwater Psychology
834 Pittwater Rd
Dee Why NSW 2099
Servicing area: Northern Beaches
Manly Pittwater Psychology specialises in providing support for individuals, couples and families. Rosemarie Nugent, Counselling Psychologist at Manly Pittwater Psychology, offers clients a relaxed, non-judgemental environment in which to work through their personal issues. Bulk Billing for APPROVED clients and Medicare rebates are available through the Better Access to Mental Health. Telehealth as well as face-to-face sessions available during COVID-19.
Manly Pittwater Psychology
Rosemarie Nugent, Counselling Psychologist, is the principal of Manly Pittwater Psychology. She has been counselling individuals, couples and families for twenty years. As well as conducting a private practice during this period, Rosemarie has worked within a number of community settings including the Smith Family (as a welfare worker), Family Drug Support (providing phone support to families), and the former Department of Community Services (as a child protection caseworker).
With years of her own life experiences, Rosemarie understands personal challenges as well as the challenges of family life and being a parent.
In her practice today, Rosemarie provides psychological services in the following areas :
- Helping clients develop strategies to deal with issues such as anxiety, depression and grief & loss
- Counselling individuals who wish to enhance their general wellbeing or who require assistance with adjustment to life changes, e.g. loss of loved one, unemployment or relocation for work
- Professional advice and support for parents facing challenges with their children/adolescents
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) for children and adolescents dealing with anxiety, depression or low self esteem
- Relationship counselling for couples
In our complex and busy world, seeing a counselling psychologist is a very useful option when faced with different types of experiences that are difficult to cope with. Through a range of therapies and strategies, a counselling psychologist works with the client to reduce distress and enhance emotional wellbeing.
Psychologists are legally required to be registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). This means that a registered psychologist must be competent and follow a strict Code of Conduct. Seeing a registered psychologist ensures that you receive high quality ethical treatment.
At Manly Pittwater Psychology our counselling psychologist is able to assist those:
- Having difficulty controlling their emotions, thinking and behaviour
- Experiencing anxiety and/or depression
- Working through grief and loss
- Dealing with addictive behaviours
- Parenting children/adolescents with challenging behaviour
Manly PittwaterPsychology offers the following specialised services:
- 1-2-3 Magic & Emotion Coaching Program for parents of children aged 2 to 12 years (Developed by American Psychologist, Dr. Tom Phelan)
- “Cool Kids” Anxiety Program *
- “Cool Kids” Chilled Adolescent Anxiety Program *
- “Cool Kids” Chilled Adolescent Anxiety & Depression Program *
*A Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT) based program, developed by leading Psychologists at Macquarie University
We would like to hear from you.
Qualification detailsDiploma of Professional Counselling – Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors (AIPC)
Bachelor of Arts – Psych – Macquarie University
Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology – Macquarie University
Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Psychology – Macquarie University
Registered General Psychologist (PSY0001634571) – Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)