Narture - Acupuncture
What Is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and has been practised for over 2000 years. The basis of Acupuncture is to bring the body into balance by restoring the flow of Qi. Qi (pronounced as “Chee” and also spelt as Chi or Ki) is vital energy that flows through channels known as meridians.
If the flow of Qi in the meridians is disrupted, then disease may follow. There are 14 major meridians with over 500 acupuncture points. By inserting fine needles into particular acupuncture points, the disruption can be corrected and the flow of Qi restored.
>What Does An Acupuncturist Do?
The Acupuncturist will take a detailed history and use traditional Tongue and Pulse diagnosis to assess your condition according to TCM. Then a prescription of acupuncture points specific to the individual will be used. Acupuncture points are usually stimulated using needles, but other methods such as moxa (heat), magnets, acupressure, laser and cupping can be used. All needles used are pre-sterilized disposables.
The initial consultation will take around an hour with follow up consultations being 30 – 40 minutes, for most conditions treatment is 6 – 8 sessions.
What Conditions Can Be Treated WIth Acupuncture?
Acupuncture can be use for Acute and Chronic conditions but you do not need to be unwell to gain benefits as acupuncture is also used for wellness, relaxation and maintenance.
Research has found that acupuncture may be effective in treating a range of disorders. Some of these include:
- Digestive – colitis, constipation, diarrhoea, gastritis, ulcer, IBS.
- Emotional – anxiety, depression, stress management.
- General – chronic fatigue syndrome, quitting smoking, weight loss, lethargy, chemotherapy support.
- Gynaecological – heavy menstrual bleeding, painful periods, menopausal symptoms, pre-menstrual syndrome, amenorrhea, infertility, IVF support, Pregnancy and post natal support
- Musculo-skeletal – back pain, sciatic pain, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow and whiplash.
- Neurological – Bell’s palsy, carpal tunnel syndrome, headache, migraine, pain, paralysis, shingles.
- Respiratory – asthma, bronchitis, common cold, hayfever.
- Vascular – haemorrhoids, high blood pressure, varicose veins.
Initial Consulation (1hour) - $85.00
Follow Up Consultation (30 min) - $60.00
Children Initial (1 hour) - $60.00
Children Follow Up (30min) - $40.00
Pensioner Initial (1 hour) - $60.00
Pensioner Follow Up (30min) - $40.00
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now