Why choose a Northern beaches health & fertility naturopath?
We are a team of 5 experienced naturopathic practitioners who pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our clients. Our approach is one that blends naturopathic traditional knowledge with the latest natural medicine scientific research, to achieve the very best results for you.
Here is what you can expect:
To be valued and heard as an individual – as naturopaths we believe in holistic treatment that encompasses your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual body.
To be cared for – expect a treatment plan that uses the most minimal and appropriate intervention, utilising nature’s innate healing power to allow the body to return to a state of optimal health.
To learn – the consultation is very much an active process based on collaborative approach with education at its core. We want you to better understand your health condition and use education to empower you to make lasting change.
To be looked after in regards to your health needs, both now and in the future - naturopathic medicine revolves around strategies to prevent and limit the risk of chronic disease.
To be assisted to achieve the best version of your health - to do this the cause of ill health must be understood so a cure in its true sense can be reached. Naturopathic medicine in its true expression does not believe in ‘band aid’ medicine.
About Northern beaches health & fertility
The clinic is owned and run by experienced naturopaths, Karen Latter, Lisa Whealy and Alison Maunder. We each consult, and also have naturopath Hayley Stockbridge and clinical nutritionist and herbalist Merrilee Linegar consulting at the clinic.
We offer the following services:
- Naturopathic consults – underpinned by five key principles: the healing power of nature, considering the person holistically, health education, treating the cause of illness and the importance of prevention. Once your health objectives are understood and a thorough case history is taken we create a treatment plan, which will include diet and lifestyle advice and the prescription of herbal tonics, flower essence remedies and nutritional supplementation.
- Nutrition focused consults – will focus on a detailed review of your current eating patterns, and apply an understanding of how your diet may be impacting your health. As Hippocrates said ‘Food is Medicine’ and our recommendations centre around the healing power of food from a wholefood nutrition perspective. We aim to cut through the commercial food confusion and hype, which is prevalent in society.
- Natural fertility management – are you planning to start trying for a family? Did you know it takes approximately 80-120 days for a female ova and male sperm to reach maturity. In that time, what we do, what we eat and drink and what we are exposed to can affect the quality of our sex gametes and the health of our future child. Therefore, natural fertility management is prevention at its core looking at the health of both partners aiming to conceive. Diet, lifestyle and environmental influences are reviewed with the aim of helping you be the healthiest you can be before embarking on your reproductive journey.
- Gender swaying – do you desire to have a girl? Or perhaps a boy? If the answer is yes, Lisa can help, she has a special interest in helping couples sway (increase their chances) of conceiving the gender of their choice. Her program is based on dietary and lifestyle changes with nutritional supplementation, which she has learnt can increase your chances of conceiving a desired boy or girl.
- Pregnancy care – once you become pregnant we suggest naturopathic consults as part of our pregnancy care at regular intervals (e.g. week 7, 12, 20, 28, 34 and 38) as your health needs change throughout pregnancy. We offer an individual tailored approach as each woman’s needs are unique.
- Children’s health - as a parent do you desire a natural approach to your child’s health? We offer acute remedies for colds, coughs, flus and stomach bugs or providing naturopathic treatment for behavioural issues such as inattention, digestive conditions or nervous system issues such as anxiety and sleep disturbance.
- Mood support – if anxiety and low mood are a common experience you are not alone, using a holistic approach we aim to get you feeling healthier and happier.
- Skin conditions – are you tired of prescription medicines that only seem to suppress the problem? Many clients come to us requesting help with their skin, common conditions include eczema, psoriasis or acne. Our skin is the body’s biggest eliminative organ, therefore it is not just about the external, rather we need to understand what is going wrong in the inside to cause this condition.
- Weight loss – would you like to lose some excess kilos? We believe that the best way to achieve weight loss is through lasting change that is sustainable for the long term. Our approach adopts SMART principles, which are specific, measureable, attainable, realistic and time bound. For instance, your goal might be to reduce your waist circumference to the healthy range, which will reduce your risk of metabolic disease. We will create a programme for you to do this over a number of weeks incorporating an eating and physical activity plan tailored specifically to reach your goal.
- Digestive health – do you have tummy troubles? We are used to treating symptoms of indigestion, nausea, bloating, excessive gas, pain, diarrhoea or constipation. We also treat common digestive complaints such as Irritable bowel syndrome and inflammatory bowel conditions. We often utilise comprehensive stool analysis and food intolerance testing to ensure that we have understood the underlying cause.
To start on your journey of health and wellbeing
Call us on 02 9949 4411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a booking at nbhealthandfertility.com.au
We look forward to meeting with you soon