0439 841 465
Newport Specialised Therapies
Suite 6, 423 Melbourne Rd
Newport VIC 3015
Newport, Williamstown, Yarraville, Spotswood, Altona, Sunshine, Laverton, Footscray and all of the Inner West
We are a boutique Chinese medicine and Acupuncture clinic that provides 1 on 1 treatments and services that focus on helping you achieving a life that is healthier and happier. We specialise in pain treatments and fertility issues.
Traditional Chinese Medicine Williamstown & Newport
What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture has been a piece of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for thousands of years. It involves embedding small/fine needles into specific points on the skin in order to stimulate the flow of energy to be restored, and therefore ease pain and allow for the restoration and healing of optimal function.
The establishment of Chinese acupuncture is about one of balance, Yin and Yang polarity and energy force called Qi. This energy, or life force, circulates around the body through invisible channels named meridians. If the stream of Qi is interfered with, then illness, pain and disease may follow. By inserting fine needles into specific acupuncture meridians, and encouraging stimulation of Qi in the flow disruption can be restored and pain removed.
Effectiveness of Acupuncture
The WHO has discovered that acupuncture can be effective and useful in treating a range of disorders in areas including:
- Emotional: Depression, anxiety
- Digestive: Ulcers, colitis, gastritis, diarrhoea, constipation
- Vascular: High blood pressure, haemorrhoids, varicose veins
- Gynaecological: Painful periods, pre-menstrual syndrome, heavy menstrual bleeding, menopausal symptoms
- Neurological: Headache, pain, migraine, Bells palsy, shingles
- Respiratory: Bronchitis, hay fever, asthma, common cold
- Musculoskeletal: Whiplash, back pain, tennis elbow, osteoarthritis
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
- Double Degree - Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine