Cranial Osteopathy for Infants, Babies & Children
Servicing areaWaterloo, Sutherland
Why Do I Need to Take My Child to an Osteopath?
During birth, babies experience the most stressful events in their lives. They’re forced to endure an enormous amount of pressure from pushing and resisting.
Because of their tiny, soft skull, they’re heads mold and squeeze through the birth canal, incredibly absorbing this traumatic journey.
In the next few days, the baby’s head naturally unmolds. But not all babies can complete this process. Some have to live with this discomfort resulting in crying and irritability.
Other symptoms babies endure due to pregnancy and birth:
- Trauma from a difficult labor
- Feeding and latching difficulties, feeding to only on one side
- Fussiness, irritability, excessive crying
- Colic and wind
- Constipated, reflux, gas
- Difficulty sleeping
- Congenital torticollis (twisted or wryneck)
From What Age Can My Child See an Osteopath?
You can take your child to an osteopath at any age. The sooner, the better if you have a specific concern.
It’s never too late to see an osteopath. Older children or toddlers can benefit from cranial osteopathy by:
- Strengthening their immunity
- Helping recurrent ENT infections
- Assisting asthma sufferers
- Supporting and guiding those with behavioural and learning disabilities
- Helping release strains from head, tailbone or fall injuries
- Preventing improper posture that could affect functionality and balance
What Happens During an Osteopathic Treatment?
Initial Osteopathic Consultation and Treatment
- Your first visit will run for 45 minutes with 15 mins between appointments for treatment.
- Your Osteopath will get an understanding of any relevant medical injuries or issues.
- A postural analysis and movement test will be conducted to provide the appropriate treatment and/or referral if necessary.
- After your initial consultation, your next appointment will be a regular treatment which is approximately 30 minutes with 15 minutes between appointments.
- Your Osteopath will discuss your progress since your last appointment and continue with your treatment.
- It’s important to understand that every treatment and progress will vary depending on each person’s medical history, injury, pain or discomfort, and goals.
- Some cases would require longer treatment times.
- While some appointments would only need a 20-minute appointment schedule.
What to Expect After Your Osteopathic Session?
Babies react differently after each session. Some babies are tired and sleepy and some are agitated and hungry.
Within a couple of days, your baby will be fully recovered from the session and start to act normal again. Results may be noticed immediately or may take a few more days to be complete.
Osteopathy Waterloo Clinic Hours
Tuesdays and Thursdays - 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Fridays - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
A tender and soothing osteopathic treatment may be what you and your child need to get a peaceful night’s sleep. Contact Tracey to schedule your session.
- Registered Practitioner 1986
- Registered Osteopath General Osteopathic Council Uk
- Extensive Post-graduate Training
- Past Uws Lecturer In Osteopathy
- Osteopathy Australia (AOA)
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now