Ovarian Cancer Australia
Servicing areaMalvern East, Victoria
Welcome to Ovarian Cancer Australia
Ovarian Cancer Australia is a national not-for-profit consumer organisation and the peak body for ovarian cancer in Australia. Our programs are focused in these important areas:
- Raising awareness of ovarian cancer and its symptoms. Our key message is 'Every woman should know the symptoms of ovarian cancer. Make sure you do.'
- Providing Support Networks and Resources for women and their families and friends affected by ovarian cancer
- Playing a leading role in the Ovarian Cancer Community by advocating on behalf of those affected by ovarian cancer with medical professionals, government and the media
- Developing the Teal Team - our network of supporters, advocates and volunteers
- Fundraising for our programs
Women with Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian Cancer Australia’s aim is to ensure that no woman with ovarian cancer feels alone or isolated. Ovarian Cancer Australia supports women diagnosed with ovarian cancer and appreciates the range of emotions that women may experience.
Ovarian Cancer Australia facilitates and is connected to many ovarian cancer and gyneacological cancer support groups around Australia.
Support groups are an opportunity for women with ovarian cancer to meet regularly to discuss common issues, share stories, gain more information, and receive emotional support to help cope with diagnosis and treatment.
Support groups vary in format; some have guest speakers, while others are more of a casual catch-up. Venues range from hospitals to cafes.
It is important that you join a support group that you feel comfortable attending and is most appropriate to your needs.
For more information about support groups or to find your nearest support group contact Ovarian Cancer Australia on 1300 660 334.
Ovarian Cancer Australia facilitates ovarian cancer support groups in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth.
A guest speaker or therapist is invited to each of these support groups to speak about a topic or provide a complementary therapy relevant to women with ovarian cancer.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now