Point Cook Physical
At Point Cook Physical we treat people of all ages and backgrounds: from babies to 90-year-olds, sports lovers, new mums, and office workers. We developed a multi-faceted approach to help everyone with movement and pain issues, and to encourage people to transform their lives.
We’re not in the business of taking your money just to fix the same issue again…and again. We want to support you towards a real, long-term resolution to move and feel better, inside and out.
Our scientific, transformative approach
Your body’s pain is just an indicator light on your dashboard. While what most of us want to do is switch the light off, often the bigger problem is hidden well under the bonnet.
Our approach starts with understanding. We know that to understand the body means to understand all parts in context to the whole. Point Cook Physical’s complimentary approach embracing osteo, physio, massage therapy, podiatry, and dietetics, allows for purposeful movement.
We are scientific in our approach and do not follow a pre-prescribed course of action. We apply science in a manner that is specific to your body and your needs. We can measure your outcomes (depending on what you want to achieve) to make both you and us more accountable.
We believe so much in our approach, we guarantee it. Point Cook Physical offers a 100% money back guarantee if unsatisfied with the outcome of your treatment.
Our mission for health
Through continual education and a positive working environment, Point Cook Physical seeks to be recognised as the best provider of musculoskeletal medicine in the western suburbs. We are constantly involved in our professional development and keep abreast of up-to-date research. In every consultation we work to resolve our patients’ presenting complaint better than anticipated, and to provide a specific diagnosis, identify and treat the root cause.
Osteopathy is holistic – it treats the body’s functions as a whole.
While it’s tempting to jump ahead to a temporary quick fix, your pain is primarily the signal to an underlying problem. This could be biomechanical, behavioural or emotional. Not only do Osteopaths eliminate pain, they also work to identify these root causes of your pain.
What we do:
- Test your body in different positions: walking, balancing and moving to find out what isn’t functioning correctly
- Help show you where the problem is
- Make a diagnosis that accurately identifies your problem
- Provide exercise and advice to help correct the issue and prevent pain from occurring again.
Physiotherapy works to prevent disease and disability through restoring optimal physical function and performance.
For chronic conditions our physios aim to address your entire life, not just your pain. This allows us to improve your ability to get the most out of every day.
What we do:
- Identify the causes of physical pain
- Manipulate and mobilise joints
- Rehabilitate injuries through exercise
- Assist with occupational or sports injuries
- Help prevent injury and maintain functional mobility
- Help achieve peak fitness in people with ongoing health issues
- Educate against poor movement habits
Podiatry analyses and treats disorders of the foot, ankle and leg.
Our podiatrist works to relieve pain, resolve embarrassing foot problems and offer long-lasting solutions for all our patients. We evaluate your total health then diagnose, treat, and help prevent common foot pain problems including heel pain, sports injuries, and ingrown toenails.
What we treat:
- Skin problems
- Calluses and corns
- Nail disorders, like ingrown toenails
- Foot injuries or infections
- Overuse injuries of the foot and ankle and stress fractures of bones
- Arch pain (Plantar Fasciitis) or pain in the big toe
- Inflammation of the ankle tendon (Achilles Tendonopathy)
Massage treats and rehabilitates your musculo-skeletal pain and related conditions.
Our massage therapist takes an integrated therapeutic approach, and considers all aspects of your health and wellness. Not only physical, but psychological and occupational aspects may be addressed, and if applicable, clinical orthopaedic and neurological tests may also be used.
What we do:
- Complete a patient history with an extensive physical evaluation
- Observe your tissues, movement, and gait, and assess your posture
- Massage your spine, peripheral joints, musculature, connective tissue and associated viscera
Dieticians help people maintain a healthy diet through education, encouragement, and environment.
Our Dieticians understand that diet is a very personal subject. We also know that diet programs don’t work long-term! So we aim to support our patients through understanding. We provide the tools of weight loss, mental and physical support, and the ability to maintain a healthy weight and outlook on nutrition.
What we do:
- Education: We provide you with the tools and accountability to choose the beneficial foods that achieve a healthier lifestyle and lose weight. We believe in making small manageable changes to your nutrition that you can sustain.
- Encouragement: We firstly find what works best for you then provide focus and encouragement along the way. We are not here to tell you what you are doing wrong, we encourage you in what you are doing right.
- Environment: With a consistent support system during your weight loss, you are more likely to be successful. A key to our programs' success is our supportive environment, and counselling for the mental hurdles throughout.
Are you in pain? Does your body ache? Is it feeling tight or maybe just not right? Call Point Cook Physical on 9369 9766 and feel better today.