Dianne M Lewis - Hypnobirthing
Servicing areaKew and Ballarat, VIC
The obstetrician Dr. Grantly Dick Read (1889 - 1959), through his clinical work and research discovered that by removing fear, tension is reduced.
Known as the father of natural childbirth, Read found that when labouring women were free of fear, their bodies relaxed, the muscles of their cervix relaxed, and something wonderful happened that permitted an easier birth.
Dr. Herbert Benson (cardiologist and founder of the Boston Harvard Mind/Body Medical Institute) states that we can all evoke a bodily calm which has the opposite effect of the well known “Fight or flight” response. He calls this bodily calm the “relaxation response”.
Benefits of Hypnobirthing
- Eliminate the fear and tension using relaxation.
- Use deep relaxation between uterine surges.
- Give birth with ease and comfort as your body is naturally designed to do.
- Your body is designed to naturally give birth with ease and comfort.
- Create your body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- Bond with your baby during pregnancy and afterwards.
- Create a calm serene, joyful experience with you and your partner.
- Gently breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard pushing.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now