Rebecca Urban - Detox & Digestive Health
Servicing areaProspect, South Australia
Detoxification and Digestive Health
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you often tired or lethargic?
- Do you regularly suffer from bloating, diarrhoea, constipation or other digestive disturbances?
- Do you get recurrent headaches
- Are you regularly suffering from muscle aches and pains?
- Does poor short-term memory and concentration affect your ability to function at work?
- Do you have allergies or sensitivities?
- Do you suffer from depression, anxiety and/or mood swings?
Detoxification is a natural process whereby the environmental and dietary toxins we are exposed to are changed into less harmful substances, and subsequently excreted form the body. Toxins are an unavoidable part of life. They are in the air we breathe, the food we eat, and are even created from chemical reactions in our bodies. The good news is that our bodies are designed to neutralise these toxins and remove them via key elimination channels including our digestive system, liver, kidneys and skin. The bad news is that sometimes this process doesn’t run smoothly, with our body’s cleansing pathways overburdened and subsequently underperforming. When this happens, our bodies send out warning signals that all is not well, making you feel tired, sluggish and rundown, and sometimes predisposing you to becoming sick.
A natural detox program can be one of the most effective strategies for rapidly improving the state of your health as it will help clear toxins out of your body and leave you feeling healthy and energetic. Detoxification is a SERIOUS business however and your safety and comfort during detox is important. For this reason, it is best to avoid any detox packages that may come in a box from your local health food shop or pharmacy –these types of detoxes may not be suited to your individual needs and may actually leave you feeling sick and tired. You should NOT attempt to do a detox without guidance and support from a trained Healthcare Provider.
There are 5 Detox Programs available:
- Express Detox
- – a short 2 week detox for people who are essentially well, but who have recently overindulged. It is also ideal as a “spring clean to keep you well.
- Integrated Detox Program
- – a 4 week program to improve your digestive health, liver function and overall health and wellbeing. This program is appropriate for those with general digestive or health imbalances and may aid in supporting healthy intestinal microbial balance.
- Gut Detox
- – an extended 6 week detoxification program ideal for those who suffer from chronic or extensive digestive symptoms, or experience digestive conditions and imbalances in gut flora that negatively impact on health and wellbeing.
- Liver Detox
- – a 6 week detoxification program may be recommended to those with a high level of chemical exposure or who require additional liver support to improve health.
- Specialised Chelation Detox
- – this 6 week program is designed to enhance the removal of heavy metals, such as lead, arsenic, mercury or aluminium.
All programs focus on whole fresh foods and supplements that support your body’s natural detoxification processes. These are NOT extreme detox programs involving fasting, colon cleansing or eating weird foods. They are based on a common sense approach that is safe and simple to follow long term.
Are you overweight?
Do you ever catch yourself thinking, “How did I end up here?” or seeing your reflection and not recognising yourself? Maybe you would feel happier with yourself if you lost those last few kilos. You are not alone: Recent studies estimate that almost 60% of Australians are overweight.
With so many products and weight loss systems in the market place how do you decide what is right for you?
As each person is uniquely different it is best to seek qualified professional advice in order to gain long term results. It is important that you follow a weight loss program that suits you without adding further risks to your health and wellbeing. By seeking advice from a qualified healthcare practitioner you will better understand the whole picture of weight loss and be empowered with the right information to assist you in making the right decisions, not only for your immediate future, but for the rest of your life.
This weight loss program is an easy to follow, scientifically advanced, fat loss program that has been proven to be both safe and effective. This program is based on a carbohydrate controlled diet that incorporates good levels of dietary protein, appropriate levels of healthy fats and moderate exercise to support lasting fat loss.
This program is a fat loss system as opposed to a weight loss system and promotes both fat burning and the preservation of lean body tissue. In addition, it addresses the underlying metabolic and hormonal factors that commonly inhibit fat loss.
Heavy Metal Testing
Just a few grams of your hair can be analysed to find out if element imbalances or toxicity may be the root cause of your health problems. Hair analysis is an accurate, low cost and non-invasive method of determining your body’s level of toxic burden as well as mineral imbalance.
Food Allergy and Intolerance Testing
Are the foods you eat making you sick?
An adverse food reaction is any symptom following the intake of food. The symptom may be any perceptible change in how we feel and/or function.
A food allergy is an immune reaction to food proteins. Allergic symptoms are the direct result of antibodies produced by our immune system against each specific allergen.
Unbalanced or inadequate diets, stress, genetic predisposition, infections and inflammation, chemicals, drugs, environmental pollutants and toxins are all possible contributing factors in the development of allergies. Research has shown that these factors may weaken both digestion as well as the protective defences in our intestinal tract and lungs allowing for allergens to more easily confront our overwhelmed immune system.
Possible disorders associated with food allergy and intolerance:
- Skin - Dermatitis, itchy skin
- Digestive System - Coeliac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea
- Respiratory System - Hayfever, asthma and chronic cough
- Urinary System – Incontinence (especially at night)
- Cognitive & psychological - Behavioural disorders, migraines, autism, chronic fatigue and epilepsy
- Head & neck - chronic ear infections,
- Muscles & joints - Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis
What can I do?
A simple blood test performed in the clinic or collection centre can identify elevated antibodies.
96 foods covering all food groups including Dairy, Fish, Meat/Fowl, vegetables, grains/legumes/nuts and other items such as honey and yeast.
Wellness and Healthy Aging
Do you have signs of ageing? Are you having trouble with flexibility and movement, perhaps misplacing your keys or forgetting names?
Ageing in itself, is not a disease, it is a natural part of life. The ageing process in our bodies continues throughout our lives and over time, increases the chances of suffering from degenerative conditions. Ageing can lead to a reduction in our physical and mental functioning and contribute to the onset of chronic disease. Adopting a healthy ageing lifestyle can help slow the pace of accelerated ageing, so that you live a long, healthy and happy life.
A healthy ageing lifestyle requires optimal nutrition through a healthy diet and lifestyle. It is the insurance you need to keep you healthy and vital for years to come. Subtle changes to your health can be identified and addressed using natural options before chronic symptoms have time to manifest.
Wherever you are on the journey of life, there are opportunities to slow down the ageing process. You can take preventative measure to reduce your risk of premature ageing and fight degenerative diseases.
Reflexology is a unique system of foot massage based on holistic principles and springing from the same Chinese roots as acupuncture. By locating and massaging the reflexology points on the foot, which relate to the different parts of the body, imbalance of energy which cause stress and ill health can be addressed. The art of reflexology must not be confused with basic foot massage or body massage in general. It is a specific pressure technique that works on precise reflex points on the feet. Reflexology can be used on just about anyone – the elderly, women, men, teenagers, children and babies.
Reflexology is also used during pregnancy to alleviate swelling in the feet and can help common symptoms associated with pregnancy like nausea, back pain, cramps, indigestion and insomnia. It is of great benefit for women going through IVF to help reduce stress and discomfort.
- ATMS - Australian Traditional Medicine Society
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now