Sea of Qi - Chinese Therapies
Servicing areaTanunda, South Australia
Cosmetic acupuncture provides comparable results to mainstream beauty therapies such as facials and laser treatments but also provides health benefits at the same time. Cosmetic acupuncture enhances the skins appearance and increases collage induction to the area being treated.
Cosmetic acupuncture takes weeks to be effective as it takes 30 days for the skin to renew itself. Cosmetic acupuncture can not achieve the same results as Botox which is instantaneous and freezes the nerve stopping nerve contraction to the muscle.
What cosmetic acupuncture can achieve;
- Fines lines may be Eliminated
- Deeper wrinkles reduced
- Puffiness of the face and under the eyes reduced
- Improvement of the texture of the skin
- May reduce acne
- Reduce enlarged pores
- Reduce broken capillaries
- Increase facial tone
Followed by a light tuina massage to continue the ‘lifting’ process.
Cupping is where a glass cup is placed on the skin.
Cupping is mainly used for acute and external conditions. It is believed to draw toxins from the body. Clinical applications may be a muscle spasm or cold/flu.
When applying the cups the practitioner may use one or several cups depending on location and ailment. The cups may be left in position for a duration of 5 to 15 minutes depending on the required outcome.
The practitioner may use the running cupping technique where oil is applied to the surface of the skin and the cup is gently glided along the affected area. This method is commonly used on larger surfaces such as the back.
Moxibustion is made from a herb called Mugwort and can also be a combination of mugwort, sage and wormwood.
Moxibustion has a wide scope of applications and is often used in treating chronic diseases.
In Chinese medicine we believe that blood circulation is a part of the body’s self healing mechanisms so we use Moxibustion to stimulate and improve circulation.
Moxibustion supplements Qi, facilities movement of Qi in obstructed channels and warms the channels.
Different Moxibustion techniques that you will encounter at Sea of Qi during a treatment are:
Moxa is placed on the skin but not burnt down to the skin, as soon as heat is felt by you the patient, the Moxa Cone is removed. The Moxa is used on painful acupoints to release obstruction.
Needle Head Moxa
Moxa is placed at the end of the needle. This technique creates heat stimulation as well as needle stimulation. The area around the needle is supplied radiant heat and a deeper penetration of heat along the needle shaft into the body tissues.
Moxa in a roll/stick is held above the acupoint to be Moxaed and moved up and down or in a circular motion.
Acupuncture Barossa Valley can help with a wide range of Conditions such as:
- Neurological – headaches, migraine, insomnia, nervous tension, facial neuralgia, peripheral neuropathy, dizziness and noises in the ear
- Cardiovascular – fluid retention, chest pain, poor circulation, muscle cramps
- Respiratory conditions – asthma, bronchitis, acute tonsillitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, hay fever, cough, sore throat, common cold
- Digestive system disorders
- Urogenital disorders – cystitis, nocturnal enuresis, kidney disorders
- Gynaecological – pre-menstrual tension, period problems, hormonal imbalance, symptoms associated with menopause, prolapses, difficulty with fertility, morning sickness, pre-birth treatment
- Skin conditions – herpes zoster, eczema, dermatitis, acne
- Eye conditions – redness, itching, etc
- Muscular skeletal – lower back pain, sciatica, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, muscle spams, and tension, arthritis, gout, tenovillitis.
Acupuncture is the insertion of fine, sterile needles in acupuncture points along meridians in the body. These points stimulate and move qi to restore the normal flow of qi in the body to bring about a healthy state. To stimulate the points we also use cupping, moxibustion, electro stimulation, infra red lamp and massage.
Acupuncture is an effective, natural, wholistic health care system. The primary focus is on understanding normal function and the disease process and focusing on prevention and treatment of illness. Acupuncture provides a drug free pain relief treatment. Acupuncture treats a wide range of acute and chronic ailments treating the disease and symptom. This wholistic approach not only treats the illness but restores a mind body and spirit wellness. Acupuncture can also be used to assist in prevention and maintenance of general well being.