- Marsha Livingstone
- Sarah Jordan
- Jim Hamilton
- Haydie-May Watson
What Is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is a multi-skilled physical therapy based around the professional treatment of muscles and soft tissues. It can be applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy to restore normal integrity of the soft tissue structure.
What Does a Myotherapist Do:
- Deep tissue massage and a variety of specific massage techniques
- Thermal therapies
- Electromechanical stimulation
- Myofascial dry needling (acupuncture needles)
- Corrective and rehabilitative exercises
- Manual lymphatic drainage
When Should You Visit a Myotherapist?
- When you have pain, particularly aching pain that lasts longer than a few days
- When movement is restricted
- If suffering head / neck or back aches and strains
- For sports or occupational induced injury
- Pain associated with stress
- When your health practitioner recommends you
- If you feel tight or just not quite right and need relaxing
Common Complaints That Can Be Treated
Myotherapists at SGTC are registered with IRMA which is your guarantee that they are well trained, qualified and accredited professionals.
- General aches and pains
- Repetitive use injuries e.g; tennis elbow
- Rotator cuff shoulder pain
- Low back pain
- Shin splints
- Sport injuries
- Jaw pain
- Foot pain
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!
For All Your Natural Heathcare Needs
South Gippsland Therapy Centre - Exercise Studio
Yoga Classes - Pilates Classes - Personal Training - Core Strength Training - Mums & Bubs Classes. No matter what type of Exercise Class you're interested in attending, we here at South Gippsland have it sorted!
South Gippsland Therapy Centre - Osteopathy
Dr Rose Wray-McCann & Dr Lachlan Chisholm specialises in providing a range of Osteopathy services, to people in the greater Leongatha area. Call today for more information or to make an appointment.