We here at South Gippsland Therapy Centre provide a range of professional Myotherapy services, to people of all ages. Call today to make an appointment.
South Gippsland Therapy Centre - Myotherapy
- Marsha Livingstone
- Sarah Jordan
- Jim Hamilton
- Haydie-May Watson
What Is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is a multi-skilled physical therapy based around the professional treatment of muscles and soft tissues. It can be applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy to restore normal integrity of the soft tissue structure.
What Does a Myotherapist Do:
- Deep tissue massage and a variety of specific massage techniques
- Thermal therapies
- Electromechanical stimulation
- Myofascial dry needling (acupuncture needles)
- Corrective and rehabilitative exercises
- Manual lymphatic drainage
When Should You Visit a Myotherapist?
- When you have pain, particularly aching pain that lasts longer than a few days
- When movement is restricted
- If suffering head / neck or back aches and strains
- For sports or occupational induced injury
- Pain associated with stress
- When your health practitioner recommends you
- If you feel tight or just not quite right and need relaxing
Common Complaints That Can Be Treated
Myotherapists at SGTC are registered with IRMA which is your guarantee that they are well trained, qualified and accredited professionals.
- General aches and pains
- Repetitive use injuries e.g; tennis elbow
- Rotator cuff shoulder pain
- Low back pain
- Shin splints
- Sport injuries
- Jaw pain
- Foot pain
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - just give us a call!