South Coast Lymphatic Clinic - Remedial & Hot Stone Massage
- Reduces pain and discomfort
- Relaxes muscles and increases joint mobility
- Improves tissue repair
- Reduces muscle spasm
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Breaks down scar tissue
What is Remedial Massage?
Remedial Massage provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or shallow. Remedial massage is generally safe and effective for most people. It can include a wide range of techniques including trigger point therapy, myofascial release and stretching exercises.
Who Can Benefit From a Treatment?
Office workers find benefit through the relief of aches and pains caused by tight, short muscles as a result of poor ergonomics or a sedentary lifestyle.
Sports people, tradesmen and manual labourers can find relief for their everyday aches and pains from Remedial Massage and it can also be useful in the prevention and treatment of injuries.
Remedial massage releases spasms and strains and assists in the breakdown of scar tissue to enhance the clients full potential. When muscles and tendons become damaged or impaired, knotted and tense or immobile, Remedial Massage can provide significant relief.
When Can a Remedial Massage Be Of Benefit To You?
- Stress-related muscular pain
- Back ache
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Tension headache
- Muscular strains
- General aches and pains
When May a Remedial Massage Not Be Advised?
- Remedial Massage is not recommended when you are suffering from inflammatory conditions. These include acute injuries and hot, swollen and red areas. Once the inflammation has passed, remedial massage can be of benefit and aid recovery
- If you are suffering a cold, flu or internal infections, a remedial massage can stimulate the lymphatic system and increase the severity of the infection
- People who have been diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis or cancer should consult with their GP or specialist before obtaining a remedial massage treatment
- Please notify your therapist if you are pregnant, so that your treatment can cater for your specific needs
What To Expect During Your Massage Treatment
Your consultation will start with a brief case history to provide your practitioner with knowledge of your presenting symptoms, past injuries and treatment goals.
Treatment times can range between 30, 60 and 90 minutes. Generally speaking, 30 minutes is enough time to work on a single area such as the neck and shoulders. A full body massage lasts between 60 to 90 minutes.
Your practitioner will start the massage using a light pressure, and will then increase the pressure when the muscles have warmed up. You may experience tenderness or pain during the treatment, particularly when trigger points are released.
By the end on the treatment you will feel a release in your body and your mind will be relaxed.
How Often Should I Have a Remedial Massage?
The regularity of your remedial massage will depend on your presenting symptom. If you have had the symptom for a long period, regular sessions are advised initially and then the frequency will be gradually decreased as your condition improves. Most people benefit from monthly sessions, however this will depend on your stress levels and exercise regime.
HOT STONE MASSAGE THERAPY
- Allows deeper penetration into the muscles
- Provides greater muscular release
- Improves blood flow
- Increases relaxation and induces a feeling of well-being
- Leaves you feeling fabulous
What Is Hot Stone Massage?
Hot stone massage is an ancient technique where hot stones are used as a warm extension of the therapist's hands and are also placed at different sites on the body. The heat of the massage stones warms the skin, which allows for the absorption of moisturizing and therapeutic oils, while simultaneously preparing the musculature of the body so the massage therapist can work into the deeper muscle layers.
What To Expect?
Treatments can range between 60 and 90 minutes. This particular treatment is the most luxurious, indulgent and devine treatment and it takes massage to a whole new level. The warmth of the stones take you to immediate relaxation.
Warm stones are placed on different parts of the body at different times. As the muscles warm up from each additional hot stone stroke, the therapist is able to penetrate the muscles at a deeper level providing greater release of muscle tension. The body relaxes more and more muscles are released.
You will leave on a cloud of joy and happiness. Make sure you drink plenty of water after the treatment to aid in toxin clearance.
Tuesday -Saturday: 9am 6pm.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now