Stay Tuned Sports Medicine - Massage & Podiatry
Servicing areaBoronia & Elwood
Massage Treatments Available
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Myofascial Release Therapy
- Pregnancy Massage
- Remedial Massage
- Remedial Therapies
- Stone Therapy Massage
- Swedish Relaxation Massage
Corporate Massage Treatments also available - call to find out more
Why Come & See Us Here at Stay Tuned Sports Medicine?
Our massage therapists in Elwood and Boronia have been trained in anatomy, physiology, massage therapy techniques, first aid, and CPR. They apply their massage techniques using the hands or other parts of the arm to positively affect the health and wellbeing of their clients.
A massage therapist can help on a physical, mental and emotional level, so why not give us a call today to discuss the best Massage Treatment for your needs or to book your next appointment.
What To Expect During Your Consultation
Your relaxation starts as you enter our Elwood or Boronia clinics and sit down in a relaxing environment to complete a brief questionnaire. An initial consultation will then involve a brief discussion regarding your needs, desires and any relevant medical history to ensure safety before commencing your treatment. Your aches and pains will then be eased away as you relax in the quiet surroundings of our clinical rooms.
Following your treatment you will gently ease back into the world whilst you enjoy a glass of natural spring water to restore your hydration.
Myotherapy treatments focus on detecting and deactivating trigger points (or muscle knots), which may be referring and causing increased pain and or discomfort. Trigger points can result from birth, trauma, falls, strains, sprains, disease, occupation, misuse or overuse of certain parts of the body.
Even though trigger points may lie dormant for years, they can “fire” and cause the muscle to go into painful spasm in the presence of physical or emotional stress. Want to know more? Then just give us a call or click on the 'Make an Enquiry' button.
Why Should You Come & See a Myotherapist?
Myotherapy is effective in treating such conditions as:
- Back Pain
- Arthritis Pain
- Migraines & Other Headaches
- Menstrual Cramps
- Fibro Myalgia
- Muscle Spasm & Cramps
- Neck & Shoulder Pain & Tightness
- Joint Pain
- Foot Pain
- Reduced Muscle Strength / Range of Motion
- Sports Injuries
- Carpel Tunnel Symptoms
- Tension from Stress
- Disease Preventing Proper Muscle Function
- Muscle Cramps
Just give us a call on Boronia (03) 9762 9478 or Elwood (03) 9531 0909 to organise your next Myotherapy Treatment
Podiatry is the health care profession that specialises in conditions and function of the human foot and its relationship to the lower limb. It includes examination, diagnosis and treatment of both general foot care and lower limb and foot injuries.
Why Come & See a Podiatrist?
All Facets of Podiatry are covered at the stay Tuned Sports Medicine Clinic, including:
- Beach Feet
- Diabetes assessment with regards to foot health
- General podiatry treatment, including corn, callous debridement, and nail surgery
- Department of Veterans Affairs, Enhanced Primary Care and Transport Accident Commission
- clients welcome with your General Practitioners referral
- Footwear prescription, modification and advice
- Gait analysis (biomechanics and foot function)
- Workplace, sporting and recreational injury assessment, diagnosis and treatment. This includes common problems such as heel pain, plantar fasciitis, shin pain, patellofemoral dysfunction etc.
- Return to exercise programs can be written where appropriate to prevent recurrence
- Orthotic therapy