Find a Acupuncturist in your area
Member since 2009
Servicing area: Crows Nest, Balgowlah
Want to find out my availability, pricing or opening hours? Click on Send Me Details Now to get started.
Sunny chen is an accredited and experienced Acupuncturist and Herbalist, offering Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine health care. A range of therapeutic interventions are available to suit individuals health conditions. Treatments with Sunny are eligible for health fund rebates.
Acupuncture & Herbal MedicineWelcome to Sunny Chen, Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture
Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is an ancient medical system which has been practiced for more than five thousand years.It takes a deep understanding of the laws and patterns of nature and applies them to the human body and holds the human body in great reverence, respecting & promoting its endless capacity for rejuvenation & recovery.Through differentiation of signs & symptoms, The practitioner can analyze the root cause of the condition. By harmonizing the body, mind, & spirit, they are able to combat or prevent illness to improve the quality & duration of life.
Duration of treatment, which may incorporate acupuncture, herbal remedies (herbs), diet, exercise and massage, depends on the nature of the complaint, its severity, and its longevity.
Chinese medicine recognizes that health is more than just the absence of disease and it has a unique capacity to maintain and enhance our capacity for well being and happiness.
- Herbal Medicine
Commonly Treated Conditions Include:
- Migraines and headaches
- Chronic pain
- Acne and eczema
- Sinus,bronchitis,asthma and hay fever
- Low immune function
- Digestion problems including irritable bowel syndrome
- Depression,anxiety and stress
- Sleep disorders
- Chronic fatigue
- Infertility,IVF support
- Menstrual disorder,menopausal symptoms
- Urinary conditions including frequency urine
- Excessive perspiration or night sweat
Why choose acupuncture?
As a natural form of health care, acupncture
- Provides drug-free pain relief
- Has very few side-effects when provided by a qualified practitioner
- Treats the underlying causes of disease and illness as well as the symptoms
- Provides a holistic approach to the treatment of disease and illness, linking body, mind and emotions
- Assists in the prevention against disease and illness as well as the maintenance of well-being
What difference between Herbal Medicine and Modern Pharmacology?
There is a growing body of research which indicates that traditional uses of plant remedies and the known pharmacological activity of plant constituents often coincide. However, herbal medicine is distinct from medicine based on pharmaceutical drugs.
- Firstly, because of the complexity of plant materials it is far more balanced than medicine based on isolated active ingredients and is far less likely to cause side-effects.
- Secondly, because herbs are typically prescribed in combination, the different components of a formulae balance each other, and they undergo a mutual synergy which increases efficacy and enhances safety.
- Thirdly, herbal medicine seeks primarily to correct internal imbalances rather than to treat symptoms alone, and therapeutic intervention is designed to encourage this self-healing process.
- PH.D ACUPUNCTURE
- Member of Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association
- Member of the ATMS