Hi! I'm Amelia Coleman, a certified Birth Doula and the owner of The Illawarra Doula.
I love working as a doula, I get to witness families grow and support them on their journey. Its a good thing I love my job so much because it often gets me out of bed at 3am! I have a passion for learning about all things pregnancy and birth related so that I can provide clients with up to date unbiased information and support.
My interest in childbirth was sparked when I was asked to support my best friend when she had her first child in 2009. It was such an amazing experience to be able to help her and I briefly contemplated studying midwifery. I decided that the medical side of antenatal care and childbirth was not for me and went on to become a primary school teacher. I thoroughly enjoyed working as a teacher and only stopped teaching to have my own children in 2010.
This is a 2 hour in home private consultation. During our consult I will explain all your options for birth at Wollongong Public and Private Hospital. We will discuss how to make choices that feel right for you. I know it can be overwhelming to hear all the decisions you have to make but I can help you navigate this information overload by getting to heart of your wishes for your baby's birth.
I can answer questions about birth, pregnancy and baby care.
Prenatal consulting $100
Birth Doula Services
This package is usually suitable for those who have previously had a baby and feel confident in their birth plans and preparations but would like the benefit of having a doula attend their birth.
- 1 free no obligation meet and greet.
- Unlimited phone and email support during your pregnancy. I am available to answer your questions and listen to your concerns whenever you need.
- Assistance developing your birth preferences and helping you to write a birth plan that your care provider will be happy to support.
- 1 Prenatal appointment in your home to discuss your birth goals and how I can best support you.
- 24 hour on call from 37 weeks.
- Attendance at your baby's birth whenever you need it. During the birth I provide continuous emotional support and reassurance. Physical support such as massage and counter pressure etc. Suggestions on positioning to help with comfort and helping labour progress. I will stay until your baby is born.
- After your baby is born I will stay for 1-2 hours to make sure you and your baby are happy and comfortable. I can provide assistance with initiating breastfeeding.
- Phone and email post-natal support
I offer an in person confidential birth debrief session. This is an opportunity to be heard by someone who 'gets it' and is also a chance to go through your birth in detail to help make sense of what happened. Some women find that getting it all out is enough for them to make peace and begin to move forward with their healing, others may want to have a few sessions over time.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now