Tree of Life - Nurturing Birth and Beyond
Placenta Encapsulation & Doula Sydney
Tree of Life – Nurturing Birth and Beyond is a Doula and Placenta service that was formed to provide pregnancy, birth and postpartum support to women and their partners in Sydney and predominantly cover the Inner City, Inner West, Eastern Suburbs and the North Shore and Northern Beaches up to Mona Vale!
What I bring to your birth journey:
- Sacred Pregnancy and Sacred Birth Journey Facilitator
- Sacred Postpartum Mother Roaster
- Birthing From Within Mentor - childbirth educator with a difference - more experiential learning that classical 'lecture' style and information downloading
- Training with the Australian Doula College - the only face-to-face Doula training available in Sydney - I have also completed the ADC's Childbirth & Early Parenting Educator's Training in February 2015
- I work in partnership with your chosen Healthcare Professional - whether that be an Obstetrician or Midwife in a Private or Public Hospital, in a Birth Centre or with an Independent Midwife at a Homebirth
- Emotional, informational and physical support leading up to the birth, during labour and the early postpartum period
- I will be there from the time you need me in your labour and will not leave your side until you are ready to bond with your baby as a family - midwives are in and out and shift changes can occur throughout your labour - having me there will mean a familiar face at all times
- I will guide you through your preparation for birth including talking about your birth preferences, discussing common interventions and ways to address these so that you are able to give informed consent, we will also cover pain-coping practices and other practical skills
- My range of support during labour can be anything from “holding the space” ie not allowing anyone or anything detract you from your journey within to work with you baby right through to “hands on” support such as massage, visualisation and relaxation techniques, helping you move into more comfortable positions, providing nourishment for mind, body and soul - I support your Partner so that they can support you within their own comfort zone
- Remember this - it is YOUR baby, YOUR body, YOUR birth - you are merely renting the space for the birth and have employed people to work with you in the safe arrival of your little one - you have rights and should be respected at all times
What sets me apart from most encapsulators?
I pride myself on a fast turnaround with overnight delivery of capsules in 99.9% of the time (unless at a birth myself).
Did you know that most encapsulators deliver the day after?
I have been providing this service to the women and families of Sydney for 3.5 years now - who would you feel confident in entrusting your placenta to? A person who is just starting out or someone who has serviced over 1000 clients?
Why is this beneficial to me?
The sooner you start taking your capsules after the birth, the better resistance to the rollercoaster of hormones that are produced when your milk comes in aka the 'baby blues' - all the wonderful benefits of taking the capsules will commence much sooner!
Which areas do you collect from?
I work with clients giving birth at the following locations - RPA, Prince of Wales, Royal Hospital for Women and the North Shore - Mater, Royal North Shore Public & Private, Manly and Mona Vale and those home birthing their babes in this vicinity.
This service includes encapsulation, instructions on consuming and storage, picking up your placenta from your birthplace and FREE delivery to the above hospitals or areas of Sydney. I may be available to support your postpartum in other areas too by request.
Doula Birth Support
How do I differ from many experienced Doulas?
I only take one client a month - you can therefore be rest assured I will be there to support you on your baby's B-day.
Nurturing Birth Package
3 x Pre-natal meetings
Labour & Birth
1 Postnatal Debrief
I also provide those who are interested in speaking in person an obligation-free meet and greet so that we may get to know a little about each other and see if we click.
Your Sacred Pregnancy is a journey. Our classes hold space for pregnant women to connect with one another and their pregnancy experiences in meaningful and personal ways. Sacred Pregnancy groups are being held all around the world and are the NEW WAVE of the pregnancy + birthing future. We are hell bent on changing the birth conversation as Sacred Pregnancy classes bring back the age old tradition of women sitting with one another during pregnancy and birth, getting EMPOWERED, witnessing each other’s process and BEING there for one another during an incredibly power-FULL rite of passage… becoming mothers.
Sacred Pregnancy classes are a special place for pregnant women to gather together, for 8 weeks in their 'pregnancy journeys' and come back later with their partners for a 5 week 'Birth Journey' course. Each week is spent exploring pertinent topics that naturally arise for most women as they walk down their pregnancy paths and encourage deep sharing, exploring ART, expression, laughter, honouring and CELEBRATION. Pregnancy is one of the DEEPEST DRINKS life has to offer, and should always and in all ways be treated as
S A C R E D!
Contact us today for more information about the services we offer.