Find a Counsellor in your area
Shirin Steev Psychologist
This practitioner is currently unavailable.
We provide professional psychological counselling services in the areas of Clinical, Educational and Vocational areas of expertise.
Shirin Steev Psychologist
We at West Hoxton Psychological Services are aware that life can be difficult and stressful at times. Some individuals struggle to cope with their issues which affects their day to day life functioning.We provide professional psychological counselling services in the areas of Clinical, Educational and Vocational areas of expertise. We specialize in delivering high quality psychological counselling services to children, adolescents, adults, couples, families and individuals from CALD background.
Our aim is to provide the best psychological care through non-judgemental listening within warm, empathetic,and supportive environment that is private and highly confidential. We are registered providers to Medicare Australia, Work Cover NSW and access to Allied Psychological Services (ATAPS) Macarthur GP Division and Wentwest GP Division.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A) in Psychology
Master of Science (M.Sc) in Holistic Psychological Counselling
Mrs. Shirin Steev is a qualified and experienced clinician having worked in variety of settings. She is committed to professional development, keeping up to date with research and therapy by being active member of APS Sydney South West branch. Shirin has provided support to children, adolescents, partners, families and individuals with varying cultural background (CALD) and dealing with wide range of issues.
Apart from having own private practise at West Hoxton, Shirin has worked with various organisations d uring her professional years including:
- NGO's FYRST Parramatta http://salvos.org.au/need- help/drugs-and-alcohol/ western-sydney-support- programs.php
- Odyssey House McGrath Foundation http://www.odysseyhouse.com.au
- Division of General Practice (Liverpool, Fairfield and Bankstown)
- Pushpagiri Medical College Hospital http://pushpagiri.in
Memberships and Registrations
- AHPRA http://www.ahpra.gov.au
- APS http://www.psychology.org.au
- Medicare Australia http://medicareaustralia.gov. au
- Workcover NSW http://www.workcover.nsw.gov. au
- Beyond Blue http://info.beyondblue.org.au
- Wentwest GP Division http://wentwest.com/public/
- Macarthur GP Division http://www.macdivgp.com.au
West Hoxton Psychology Services provides brief intervention through to long-term therapy (such as Crisis Intervention, SFBT, Motivational Interviewing, Gestalt, CBT, DBT, ACT and Minfulness based CBT) to adolescents and adults. We also provide clinical assessments (such as PAI, WAIS-IV and WISC-IV), psychological treatment and clinical report (for courts and insurance claims) for a range of other problems or issues that may or may not be related to:
- Adult survivors of sexual abuse
- Anxiety & phobias
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Gender/sexual identity disorders
- Intellectual assessment
- Mental illness
- Pain management
- Personality disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Post-natal depression
- Psychopathology assessment
- Self-esteem & self development
- Sexual abuse
- Stress management
- Substance abuse
Information shared and discussed in all sessions are highly confidential and your information will not be disclosed to anyone without your consent. Exemptions in maintaining confidentiality will be discussed during initial sessions. For instance, situations where there is potential harm to yourself or others or if law demands it, Shirin has a duty of care to disclose the information. Yet before disclosing to another party, Shirin will discuss any concerns of this nature with you as she is bound to confidentiality.
DO YOU NEED OUR HELP?
Why not contact us today