What is massage therapy?
Massage therapy is the usage of a range of different techniques to maintain, rehabilitate or augment physical function which subsequently enhances the wellbeing of a client. Massage therapy provides a multitude of benefits such as:
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Heightened mental alertness
- Reduced stress hormones
- Improved circulation
- Reduced muscle tension
- Increased joint mobility
- Improved flexibility
- Quicker injury recovery
The associations that massage therapists can join to stay updated on industry trends and gain career development opportunities include:
- Association of Massage Therapists (AMT)
- Myotherapy Association Australia (MAA)
- Massage & Myotherapy Association (MMA)
- Massage Association of Australia (MAA)
Should you complete a massage course?
Are you interested in learning about how massage therapy can assist an individual's wellbeing in both the short and long term? Massage therapy is a fulfilling career path that suits anyone who possesses the following interpersonal skills:
- Mental and physical stamina since you will be required to see around 8 clients per day.
- High attention to detail in order to be able to discern the pain points of the client.
- Clear communication skills when describing how the massage therapy will be conducted.
- High levels of confidentiality if you need to deal with a client's personal or medical information.
If this matches your career interests and study goals, continue reading to learn more about the different courses available for you on the Gold Coast.
What are the course and study options for massage therapists in the Gold Coast?
If you are interested in becoming a massage therapist, you will need to complete a Certificate IV in Massage Therapy. In the Gold Coast, many massage course providers offer flexible options to suit your specific lifestyle and study pace. This includes them providing on-campus, online and blended learning study streams.
These courses will provide you with valuable insight into the human anatomy, massage therapy and massage techniques. It is also important to note that they are taught by some of Queensland's leading massage therapists who have extensive experience in this area. Next, you will be required to complete a practical work component that will allow you to deal with real-world scenarios where you can put in place everything that you have learned.
If you are set on pursuing your dream of becoming a massage therapist, you should start to find the best Gold Coast massage course provider. To do so, Natural Therapy Pages has made it easier for you, by providing you with a list of some of the top schools on this page. After exploring all of your options, you can shortlist your favourite and enquire with them directly at any time if you have any further questions about their syllabus, fees or delivery modes.
What happens after you complete your massage course in the Gold Coast?
After completing your certificate, you will be able to begin your career as a massage therapist working in a range of different workplace settings on the Gold Coast. This includes massage clinics, rehabilitation facilities, luxury resorts or day spas. Regardless of where you work, you must have a sound understanding of Queensland's statutory codes that are applicable to all health practitioners:
- National Code of Conduct for Health Care Workers (Queensland) that all unregistered healthcare professionals in Queensland must abide by in order to protect the public.
- Health Ombudsman Act 2013 to maintain high health standards.
- Child Protection Act 1999 to protect children, adolescents and their families out of harm's way.
After you become more skilled by gaining more experience as a massage therapist, you will have the option of starting your own private practice. If this is an opportunity that you decide to pursue in the future Natural Therapy Pages will be there to assist you every step of the way when building your client base, simply by listing your face-to-face massage sessions and online services.
If you are seeking to expand your knowledge and skillset, it is highly recommended that you consider enrolling in a short course or undergraduate degree specialising in massage therapy.