This is a nationally and internationally accredited course. There are 11 Units of Competency in this course:
- WMTIND401A Work effectively in the weight management industry
- WMTPSY401A Analyse and apply principles of psychology, mindset and behaviour modification to weight management
- WMTDIT401A Analyse and apply principles of nutritional science to meal planning
- WMTFIT401A Apply basic anatomy and physiology principles to exercise
- WMTCON401A Undertake an initial weight management consultation
- WMTCON402A Undertake regular weight management consultations
- WMTCON403A Design, plan and deliver weight management clinics for groups
- WMTREL401A Work collaboratively with networks
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
This qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a range of activities and functions within the weight management industry in a broad range of settings, including working collaboratively with appropriate medical and allied health professionals to help motivate and mentor adolescents 13 – 17 or adults 18+ to achieve their weight management goals.
Those with this level of competency will be expected to provide a range of programs and services including an understanding of psychology and the effect on behaviour, provision of appropriate meal plans and recommendation of exercise to create a weight management plan to achieve the adolescents’ (13 – 17) and adults’ (18+) weight management goals.
This course is intended to provide participants with a range of knowledge and skills to perform the following functions associated with the weight management industry:
- Weight Management Consultant
- Motivational Weight Management Coach
General education outcomes
This course is intended to provide participants with the following general education outcomes:
- Conducting individual and group consultations for the first time and over a period of time
- Basic physiology and anatomy
- Analysing mindset and the effect on behaviour modification
- Networking and working alongside appropriate medical and allied health care practitioners
This course is intended to provide participants with the following skills and knowledge to contribute to community outcomes such as:
- Consideration to the increasing prevalence of overweight and obesity
- Creating a community awareness of the long term benefits of weight management
- Improved community health
- Reducing the cost of, and impact on, healthcare associated with obesity and weight related health issues
- Improving workplace productivity and reducing associated costs with employee sick leave
- be over 18 years of age;
- have achieved a minimum year 10 level of education;
- have a minimum of three years’ employment or volunteer experience in working within a customer service environment;
- meet the requirement for working with adolescents (13-17) in the relevant Australian State / Territory (or advise that they do not intend to work with adolescents (13-17) and acknowledge that they have been advised of the requirement should they choose to do so in future); and
- have the ability to use computers, to email, send and write word documents and to use basic spreadsheets.
How do I enrol?
Simply call or email - we will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
Call us today for more information on our courses or to receive your FREE Course Prospectus.