The Awakening Group College
The Diploma in Holistic Counselling course began in 2008 and supports students to facilitate clients to live their deepest truth, understand their needs and end suffering. The Diploma journey is as much a personal development journey as it is a professional journey as we create counsellors, we don't just teach them!
Click further to see course content and logistics details.
Diploma in Holistic Counselling
Study The Diploma in Holistic Counselling
The Diploma is designed to end suffering and for the realisation of ones deepest truth through embodying these dynamic counselling skills in students own lives and in their practices.
This course is for all health practitioners, therapists, counsellors, caring professionals, or persons whose hearts desire is to help others find peace as well as deepen their own personal practice through honesty, responsibility and compassion.
This is a unique opportunity to create independence (self mastery). From this position true healing happens both personally and as a professional. Our holistic approach ensures transformation emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually thus manifesting your vision of life naturally.
The Diploma course is aimed at transforming practitioner’s personal patterns and experience of Self, enabling deeper insights, understanding and experience of the true nature of healing and Self. This enables practitioners to truly facilitate clients personal transformation from the depth of knowing and experiencing the divinity of themselves.
For all health practitioners and therapists, caring professionals, or persons interested in enlightening their experience of life.
Study Groups (Online & In class) x 6:
- Questions and Answers
- More exercises and deepening of previous unit taught
- Case Study discussions
- Learning Activities presentations
Peer Group Supervision (Optional and highly recommended practice)
- Provides ongoing peer supervision for case study discussions
- New information and research shared amongst peers
- Personal issues effecting being a counsellor
- In class as well as webinar sessions are available
- Join the Awakening Group facebook group discussions
- See us on Pinterest and follow our information
- International Institute for Complementary Therapists www.iict.com.au
- AHHCA www.ahhca.org
- ACA www.theaca.net.au as Professional Development credits
- There is no VET fee help for this course
All units are held face to face in class
This course is a combination of ONLINE and Face to Face
A number of study groups are online via video our webinars and the Effectiveness Training 30 hour program is online.
Brisbane course starts 5th March 2021
Melbourne course starts 12th February 2021
Diploma in Holistic Counselling Course Logistics
Melbourne course starts 12th February 2021 and Brisbane course starts 5th March 2021.There are a number of units that can be completed prior to the course starting.
$6995 GST incl., full course cost, $6745 early bird price if paid in full before 12th January 2021 (VIC) 5th February 2021 (QLD). A $350 nonrefundable secures your place. Please note payments are subject to The Awakening Group terms and conditions.
Melbourne: Australian Shiatsu College, 103 Evans St, Brunswick & Online
Brisbane: Bardon Counselling Centre, 151 Boundary Rd, Bardon and Online
Assessment: Case studies, take home review questions, group presentations, autobiography & unit learning activities, 100 hour placement, audio/video coaching.
- International Institute of Complementary Therapists (IICT)
- Australian Holistic Healers and Counsellors Association (AHHCA) accredited.
- Effectiveness Training is Part of a 10 part series that is a nationally accredited training program.
The number of enrolments are limited per year. Deposit secures your place. On enrolment an individual session is made so that we can create the course to suit your needs and career direction, whilst supporting your personal growth.
MORE INFO: Send Enquiry
Diploma in Holistic Counselling Course Content
The Diploma in Holistic Counselling includes
Part I: The Big Picture
- The Big Picture: How Reality is Created
- Mapping one’s Lifestream: Identifying issues & their point of creation
- Aligning self judgment - Bringing our Projections home
- Moving beyond the past to the present. Being the future.
- How You Manifest: Thought embraced by emotion
- Creating Your Day: Developing Mastery
- Soul communication: Laying the foundations to learning to trust oneself
- Who am I Really beyond the thoughts: Freedom from our neuroses
- Mapping Emotional Addiction
- Direct Experience: Surrendering to the gestalt of feelings, pain and suffering
Part II: Healing the Wounded Healer
- Role of parents in psychological development
- How the psyche recreates to resolve
- Acknowledging unresolved parental needs
- Developing Empathy: Moving from past to future using art and movement therapies
- Internal Archetypes: Connecting with inner child, journeying to recreate a supportive inner reality
- Addressing anger, hurt, fear, obligation, grief, guilt, abandonment, betrayal
- Direct experience: aligning the emotional body- turning anguish into bliss
- Awareness of natural Social masking: Bodies in Space
- Aligning personal issues to experience the peace and truth of self
- Systemic Constellation Principles: Connecting with our lineage
- Bodies in Space: Breathing Levels indicate permission
- Social Masks
Part III: Beliefs: The Work of Byron Katie Part I & II
- The Work of Byron Katie –The Great Undoing: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life.
- Time magazine called it: Four Questions to Inner Peace
- “An unquestioned mind is the world of suffering” Byron Katie
- Learning and Experiencing the Inquiry
- The New Judge Your Neighbour Worksheet, Judge Your Body Worksheet, One Belief at A Time Worksheet
- The Worksheet
- 4 questions and turnarounds
- Literal Listening
- The Gift of Criticism
- Working with Difficult clients - keeping them on track
- Saying "No" or "Yes", who is it you have difficulties with saying it to
- Doing The Work on personal stories of self, the body, relationships, stressful events etc
- Stressful Events: What are our motives?
Part IV: Effectiveness Training: Personal Empowerment
- The Therapeutic Relationship
- Introduction & practice of counselling skills: Learning the helping Skills
- Problem ownership
- 12 Roadblocks to Communication
- Active Listening: Lead Ins, Common Mistakes
- Assertiveness skills: I Messages: Declarative, Confrontative, Preventative, Positive
- Win Win Conflict Resolution: Method III Problem Solving
- Feelings and Needs Inventory
- Developing empathy using micro-skills
- Identifying the Issue(s) through Active listening
- Learning to Identify and meet Personal Needs
- Goal setting
- Includes 30 hour online program plus two days in face to face class
Part V: Family/Systemic Constellations: 3 workshops
- Introduction to the Principles of Family Constellation, by Bert Hellinger
- Key components of Family Constellation work: Family History, The Family Soul, Orders of Love, Function of
- Conscience, Belonging, Balance of Giving & Taking, Fate, Those Who Come First come First
- Movements of the Soul
- Developing Open Focus to read the family history in the body
- Family of Origin
- Personal Constellations - Experience being a representative, part of the holding circle and insights
- Experience this phenomenological approach through being a representative
- Somatic Imaging developed by Dr Jane Peterson
- Address issues such as adoption, abuse, illness, belonging and much more
Part VII: Creative Counselling Part I & II
- Creative visualization: a simple and powerful tool reconnecting sub-personalities ie: wise self, sensual self, inner child, sexuality etc.
- Linking Systemic Constellations with Creative Visualization with art therapy, props, figurines and other techniques for one to one sessions
- Working with deep respect for the client and their fate
- Helping in Harmony
- Developing Open Focus to include all signals: words, breath, movements, Soma
- Learn how to create a healing visualization
- Trust yourself as a counselor through: Soul Communication Meditation
- Spiritual Cleansing Technique
- Working with Archetypes: Adult/inner child/ Soul/wise selves
- Working with Structural Constellations in relation to Money/Decision making/Life & Death, Heart & Head etc
- Strengthening our Relationship with Life by meeting Death (Structural Constellations)
- Facilitating clients from Secondary movements to a Primary movement
- Interrupted reaching out (IROM) - symptoms, effect of, and working to resolve
- Setting up Structural Constellations: Hands on experience for individual sessions
Part VIII: Love, Sex & Relationships Part I & II
- Initiation of the Senses: Awakening Ones Sensual Self
- Enhancing Intimacy (In to Me See) in relationships
- The Language of the Masculine & Feminine in Relationship & Balancing them within
- Systemic Principles governing relationships
- Psychobioogical approach to relationships: mutuality/ couple bubble: How to stay connected and safe from triggering threat responses in relationships
- Launchings and Landings for couples, Welcome Home Hugs: the work of Stan Tatkin
- Issues arising in relationships and what to be aware of
- Enlivening and learning about sexual energy in the body: Transforming sexual energy into meditation
- Linking systemic work with internal sexual roles and archetypes
Working with Sexual/Sensual/Feminine/Masculine selves to bring about balance
- Sexual abuse: systemic dynamics, working with to return to innocence
Relationships including topics such as Marriage, Separation and grief, children, adoption, abortion, miscarriages etc
- Working with sexual energy from a Tantric Perspective
- Working with begining to be aware of a clients unique Sexual Arousal Sytem including: Sexual Excitation System, Sexual Inhibition System
Part IX: Physically Speaking: Part I & II
- Your Disease is keeping you healthy: Speaking to illness and letting illness speak to you
- Creative Ways of working with illness
- A Holistic Approach to dis-ease with case studies
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Stress, Depression
- Biology Becomes Biography: Energy Psychology
- Case studies and working with illnesses
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT)
- Dissolution and Freedom Technique
- Introducing working with trauma to titrate a client
- Developing energetic boundaries in relation to trauma
- Resourcing a Client to work with trauma
- Working with Health and Wellbeing using Systemic Constellations
Part X: The Emerging Counsellor Part I & II
- An Eclectic Approach
- Client Questionnaire and Interviewing process, reporting procedures
- Ethics, case management, conflcit of interests
- Who Am I Beyond the Story and Processes?
- Defining Oneself and Intention as a Counsellor
- Transference and Countertransference
- Values and Morals influencing how a counsellor relates to the client
- Boundaries, Dependency (Counsellor and Client), and Counsellor Congruence
- Breaks and Endings
- Ethical Decision Making process
Please note the order each unit is offered may change
The Certificate in Holistic Counselling course began in 1999 to support health practitioners and students to utilize dynamic techniques for personal and professional development. Click further to see course content and logistics details.