Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy)
Servicing areaAll campus locations
Study Method - Blended
Provider - Endeavour College of Natural Health
Start Date - Monthly
Naturopathy is a whole medical system combining theory (philosophy and principles) and practise that uses an array of natural therapies to support healing and maintain health.
Naturopaths aim to treat the underlying causes of illness and disease. The core principle of “healing through nature” guides the naturopath’s use of nutrition, dietary counselling, herbal medicine, manual therapies, flower essences, lifestyle education and homeopathy.
Students experience a holistic learning environment, broadening their studies across biological sciences in order to understand the human body and its functions. Importance is also placed on social sciences including psychology and counselling, nutrition and dietary planning, botany and herbal medicine studies, diagnostic techniques and clinical skills and extensive clinical practise in Endeavour’s Teaching Clinics.
Many naturopath’s work in private practise, managing their own business and personal clients. Naturopaths may also work in multi-disciplinary clinics, health food stores, pharmacies and day spas or retreats as practitioners.
Graduates are eligible for professional recognition with several Australian natural health associations and can expand into other industries, such as product development, education, professional writing, natural health research and product sales and marketing.
Sydney - 825 George St, Haymarket NSW 2000, Australia
Perth - 170 Wellington St, Perth WA 6004, Australia
Melbourne - 368 Elizabeth St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
Gold Coast - 105 Scarborough St, Southport QLD 4215, Australia
Brisbane - 230 Brunswick St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006, Australia
Adelaide - 88 Currie St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Duration and Study Load
Full-time - 4 years
Part-time - 8 years
A Full-time Study Scholarship is currently available for this course for eligible domestic students. Scholarship recipients will receive 20% off tuition fees for the duration of the scholarship. Enquire with Endeavour College of Natural for Health today for eligibility criteria and terms & conditions.
Endeavour College offers the flexibility to commence all 1st year subjects online with an updated digital delivery model. With the support of online tutors and a robust Learning Management System, you can fit study around your work and/or personal commitments.
To support learning, students attend practical classes where they are expected to practise interviewing and case assessment techniques, as well as physical clinical examination and treatment procedures. This is conducted under the supervision of qualified instructors and with respect for privacy, cultural and religious differences. Students gain significant clinical experience at Endeavour's Teaching Clinics under the supervision of qualified practitioners.
In the clinics, students will develop and hone all skills required for professional clinical practise (and to run a successful clinic after graduation), including patient assessment and management, patient recruitment and continuity of care dispensary management and provide the full spectrum of naturopathic clinical care.
Endeavour College is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements.
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Teams / Zoom)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- Must read and understand the Inherent Course Requirements (where relevant) for the course into which they are seeking admission and accept them prior to enrolment in the course
- For Bachelor of Health Science courses which involve clinical practicum subjects, a valid Working with Children Check (or its equivalent) will be normally required to be supplied to the College prior to the second period of study. If the applicant knows any reason why they will not pass a Working with Children Check, they should not apply for entry to these courses.
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
- 1st year subjects delivered fully online
- Practitioner focused degree
- All clinical/practical subjects are completed on-site at campus location
- Flexibility of study in both time and location
- All course material is available online
- Dedicated online tutor
- Ability to book one-on-one consultations
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have fully or partially completed a qualification with another provider (either at a Higher Education or Vocational Education and Training level), you may receive advanced standing towards your Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) degree via our Credit Recognition process.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy) may apply for membership with the following professional associations:
- Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA)
- Australian Naturopathic Practitioners Association (ANPA)
- Australian Register of Naturopaths and Herbalists (ARONAH)
- Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS)
- Complementary Medicine Association (CMA)
- National Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA)
- Practical/clinical skills demonstration
- Tutorial participation
- BIOH111 Human Biological Science 1
- BIOB111 Chemistry and Biochemistry
- SOCH111 History of Healing
- SOCF111 Foundations of Communication and Counselling
- NATP121 Naturopathic Philosophy, Principles and Practise
The following payment options are available for this course:
- FEE-HELP (Australian citizens, some New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent Humanitarian Visas are eligible to apply)
- Study loans
- Split payment methods
Information on tuition fee schedules are available upon enquiry with the College
Potential career outcomes could include:
Contact Endeavour College of Natural Health today for further information.
Limited spots remaining. Enquire now to secure your spot. Click the Button Below ▼Send Me Details Now