Endeavour College of Natural Health
Study the highest degree of Natural Health.
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements. You can apply to study with us at any time and join one of 12 monthly online intakes.
Undergraduate Certificate in Building Health Through Nutrition
Study Method: Online
Start Date: Monthly
The Undergraduate Certificate in Building Health Through Nutrition allows students to obtain a comprehensive understanding of human nutrition and introduces students to food-based science, including food spoilage, food additives, and natural toxins.
The certificate helps students understand how food components interact with the body’s biochemistry to how this applies in managing immunity or maintaining a healthy weight throughout one’s lifespan. Entry into this certificate assumes prior knowledge of human biology and biochemistry.
Who is this course for?
Ideal for those working in allied health or related fields who already possess a working foundational knowledge of biology, pathology, and communication who are looking to add nutritional medicine knowledge and skills to use in their own professional practice.
What you'll learn
- Develop a deep understanding of nutritional needs across the human lifespan
Skills you’ll develop:
- Critical thinking
- Digital literacy
Duration / study load
- 6 months (full-time only)
The Undergraduate Certificate in Building Heath in Nutrition is delivered fully online with an updated digital delivery model. With the support of online tutors and a robust Learning Management System, you can fit study around your work and/or personal commitments.
Endeavour College is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements.
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Skype)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- Must read and understand the Inherent Course Requirements for the course into which they are seeking admission and accept them prior to enrolment in the course
Course specific requirements - All Applicants
For entry into this certificate, applicants must:
- Hold a qualification at a minimum level of Certificate IV in a health, allied health or related field (e.g. Fitness) and some experience working in that field
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
- Delivered fully online (study from anywhere, anytime)
- Dedicated online tutor
- Ability to book one-on-one consultations
- Tutorial participation
Graduates will be eligible to pathway into further study with Endeavour College of Natural Health. Completion of this Certificate may also provide credits into other Higher Education Provider allied health qualifications.
- NMDM1 - Medicinal Food Science
Explores the therapeutic potential of food to prevent and treat disease. Contemporary issues relating to growing, storing, processing, preparing and regulating food are discussed, and the impact of external factors on food quality and safety are investigated.
- NMDF1 - Foundations of Human Nutrition
Establishes the essential bridge between bioscience and nutrition science. Students explore the biological and physiological functions of macro and micronutrients.
- NMDD2 - Dietary Planning Across the Lifespan
Introduces dietary and nutrition analysis and considers relevant dietary patterns and nutritional needs across the human lifespan
- NMDW2 - Weight Management in Health and Disease
Addresses the multifactorial issues that contribute to obesity and underweight issues, focusing on evidence-based strategies for weight management that encompass models and theories of change and coaching strategies.
- NMDS3 - Sports Nutrition
Introduces students to the specific nutritional requirements for athletes with emphasis placed on the practical application of sports nutrition guidelines and practices.
The following payment options are available for this course:
- FEE-HELP (Australian citizens, some New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent Humanitarian Visas are eligible to apply)
- Split payment methods
Enquire about one of our courses today for more information on enrolling with Endeavour College!
© Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd T/A Endeavour College of Natural Health.
RTO: 31489 | CRICOS: 00231G - NAT | HEP: PRV12070