Endeavour College of Natural Health
Study the highest degree of Natural Health.
Endeavour College of Natural Health is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements. You can apply to study with us at any time and join one of 12 monthly online intakes.
Undergraduate Certificate in History and Philosophy of Complementary Medicine
Study Method: Online
Start Date: Monthly
The Undergraduate Certificate in History and Philosophy of Complementary Medicine is a perfect qualification to introduce you to the historical underpinnings and cultural background of some of the oldest health fields.
The subjects have been selected to provide a broad insight across many complementary therapies in Australia. Students will study the history of healing and integration of complementary medicine, naturopathic principles and philosophy, foundations of Chinese medicine, musculoskeletal therapies as well as the cultural, ethical and social dimensions of human nutrition.
Who is this course for?
If you have a general interest in complementary medicine and the historical and cultural background of some of its major fields of study, this certificate is for you.
What you'll learn
- Develop a basic understanding of history, philosophy and frameworks within the complementary medicine field
- Develop basic communication skills
Skills you’ll develop:
- Critical thinking
- Digital literacy
Duration / study load
- 6 months (full-time only)
The Undergraduate Certificate in History and Philosophy of Complementary Medicine is delivered fully online with an updated digital delivery model. With the support of online tutors and a robust Learning Management System, you can fit study around your work and/or personal commitments.
Endeavour College is a direct entry College with no ATAR requirements.
To gain entry to an accredited undergraduate course at Endeavour College, applicants must satisfy the general requirements and other entry requirements by type of background.
General Requirements – All Applicants
All domestic applicants, regardless of background, must meet the following requirements:
- Must be willing to attend an admissions interview upon submission of enrolment paperwork (in person or via teleconference / Skype)
- Must be 18 years of age within the first period of study
- Must meet self-declared minimum computer literacy standards and have unrestricted access to the internet and a personal email account
- Must read and understand the Inherent Course Requirements for the course into which they are seeking admission and accept them prior to enrolment in the course
Additional applicant background entry requirements (including English language and international students) are available through enquiring with the College.
- Delivered fully online (study from anywhere, anytime)
- Dedicated online tutor
- Ability to book one-on-one consultations
- Tutorial participation
Graduates will be eligible to pathway into further study with Endeavour College of Natural Health. Completion of this Certificate may also provide credits into other Higher Education Provider allied health qualifications.
- SOCH1 - History of Healing
History and philosophy of health paradigms from early human existence to present day. Current public health is explored.
- NATP1 - Naturopathic Philosophy
Introduces the philosophy and theory of naturopathic medicine and its array of treatment modalities within its international context.
- CMPF1 - Introduction to Chinese Medicine
Introduces Chinese medicine philosophy and practice and its array of treatment modalities within its international context.
- NMDS1 - Sociology of Food
Introduces students to the social determinants of health and examines why we eat the way we do in local and international settings. Explores the influences of gender, globalisation, and the rise of non-communicable disease.
- MSTP2 - Introduction to Musculoskeletal Therapies
Introduces students to the many forms of musculoskeletal therapies that are practiced on a global basis.
The following payment options are available for this course:
- FEE-HELP (Australian citizens, some New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent Humanitarian Visas are eligible to apply)
- Split payment methods
Information on tuition fee schedules are available upon enquiry with the College.
© Australian College of Natural Medicine Pty Ltd T/A Endeavour College of Natural Health.
RTO: 31489 | CRICOS: 00231G - NAT | HEP: PRV12070