Macquarie Natural Therapies offers a range of natural services to help cater
for all your health care needs.
Our team consists of qualified Natural Therapy Practitioners
who are dedicated to helping people
improve their health, wellbeing, and quality of life.
Macquarie Natural Therapies
MEET OUR TEAM OF PRACTITIONERS
Our team offers the following modliaties:
Our center specializes in Remedial Massage!
Remedial massage is a wonderful treatment to help release muscle tension and spasm, ease pain, and allow the body to relax and heal itself. Remedial Massage has a long list of potential benefits on the body, including: stimulating blood and lymphatic circulation to help remove toxins, acids, and wastes from muscles and soft tissue; calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort and break the stress cycle; toning and relaxing the muscles to improve joint mobility and flexibility, etc.
Remedial Massage provides a healing treatment that can be gentle or strong, deep or superficial. Remedial massage treats the body as a whole and aims to trace the source of the problem back to the original cause, to heal both the disorder as well as the symptoms.
Sports massage is a type of massage that can benefit anyone that exercises, whether it be a gentle or strenuous form. This type of treatment is designed to minimise the chance of injury, optimise your training and performance, and relieve and speed up the recovery time of injuries and conditions that occur as a reult of sport and exercise.
Sports Massage can be carried out before, during, or after sport or exercise.
Some benefits that sports massage has are listed below:
- relieve muscular fatigue and pain
- reduce muscular tension and spasm
- promote joint mobility and flexibility
- promote healing of injuries that are the result of overexertion or overuse (strains, sprains, tennis elbow, corked thighs etc)
- prevent injuries
- improving heart rate and blood pressure
- increasing blood circulation and lymph flow
This is a comprehensive modality that incorporates nutrition, herbal medicine, iridology and various other modalities in the holistic assessment and treatment of the person.
Naturopathy aids the body's own healing processes in order to optimise health, vitality and wellbeing.
Please see Jolene's website at www.livingtherapies.com for more information on how this modality can help you.
Mathew Hale specialises in Pain Relief, Sports Injuries, Chronic Conditions, and Muscles, Tendons and Ligaments.
Acupuncture has been practiced in China and other Asian countries for thousands of years. It is the subject of continual scientific research and is used today in hospitals both worldwide and in Australia.
Acupuncture is proven effective in the treatment of dozens of conditions, with studies ongoing into many others. It is a remarkably safe treatment and is largely free from adverse side effects.
How Does It Work?
Basically, the acupuncture needle is a tool which allows precision targeting of strained or damaged tissue, thus encouraging it to heal and allowing normal function to return.
For instance a needle can:
- Reduce skin tightness caused by swelling by enabling it to further stretch
- Seperate adhesions between muscle, tendon, skin and bone to renew coordinated movement with the tissues.
- Unlock knots as adroitly as using a lockpick, immediately relieving muscle spasm and tightness.
- Target inflammation by reducing pressure and increasing blood flow.
Does it Hurt?
An acupuncture needle is so fine that it can be tied in knots or fit down the hole of a hypodermic needle with room to spare, so the actual insertion does not hurt. When the tip touches the problem area you will feel a fleeting ache, tingle, prickle or twitch (everyone is different). This lasts only an instant and the most common descriptor is "weird".
Are The Needles Disposable?
Yes. 100% disposable, single use only and safe.
What Can It Treat?
The World Health Organisation publishes an extensive list of ailments proven to be effectively treated with acupuncture including, but not limited to, musuloskeletal, neurologic, digestive and respiratory disorders.
To view the list, please visit: http:/sustainablemedicine.org/who-acupuncture-research/
Kinesiology is a simple muscle technique that is a powerful therapy for change!
Kinesiology can help you to target the patterns and beliefs you have developed from your own experiences and interactions with others that are affecting the way that you think, learn and perform now in all aspects of your life.
Kinesiology uses muscle testing, which is a gentle biofeedback technique to correctly identify areas of stress, pain or imbalance in your body. This wonderful therapy can help you to reprogram yourself for success by removing all blockages that might be standing in your way. For example, optimal health and wellbeing, loving, caring relationships, a successful rewarding career and job environment, enhanced performance - sport, work, school etc, and achievement of our self development goals.
Our center offers Neurolinguistic Kinesiology and Touch For Health Balances.
THE FELDENKRAIS METHOD
This method is suitable for all age groups, from young children to seniors, in all walks of life.
The Feldenkrais method activates new movement patterns, improving pain and limitations of function in all areas of life.
It works on the premise of Neuroplasticity. From his ground breaking book "The Brain That Changes Itself" by Norman Doige MD, The Frontiers of Brain Science, the brain has the capacity to change and restore damage already there and build new neural pathways for new function and performance.
To experience this new sensory / motor body work, please call the centre to make and appointment with Diane Ritchie
For more information about the best services for your needs or to organise an appointment - please give our practitioners a call on 63321511
The center consists of a great team of fully qualified practitioners in their various Natural Therapy modalities:
- Jolene Turner - Naturopath, Remedial Massage Therapist, Kinesiologist, Aromatherpist, Business Owner
- Barbara Bower - Remedial Massage Therapist, Myofascial Release Practitioner, RN, RemStone Massage Therapist, Business Owner
- Toireasa Gallagher - Remedial Massage Therapist, Sports Injury Therapist
- Mathew Hale - Acupuncturist
- Simone Reedy - Remedial Massage and Sports Injury Therapist
- Simone Boer - Remedial Massage and RemStone Massage Therapist
- Felicia Jagoe - Osteopath
- Sharon Lockhart - Remedial Massage Therapist
- Linda Keene - Remedial Massage and RemStone Massage Therapist
- Lucy Gibbon - Shiatsu Therapist, Remedial Massage Therapist
- Sandra Halls - Remedial Massage Therapist
- Diane Ritchie - Physiotherapist, Feldenkrais Practitioner
, Chinese Massage
, Deep Tissue Massage
, Energy Healing
, Flower Essences
, Myofascial Release Therapy
, Pregnancy Massage
, Remedial Massage
, Remedial Therapies
, Sports Injury Therapy
, Sports Massage
, Swedish Relaxation Massage
, Touch for Health
, Trigger Point Therapy
, Weight Loss
, Womens Health