Aum Yoga and Ayurveda Clinic
Servicing areaMelbourne, St Kilda, South Yarra, Brunswick, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, Yarraville, Port Melbourne, Richmond
What is Prenatal or Pregnancy Massage?
Prenatal massage shares many of the goals of regular massage - to relax tense muscles, ease sore spots, improve circulation and mobility, and just make you feel good. We offer therapists who are specially trained in prenatal massage according to their techniques.
How it can help me?
In any case, massage may decrease stress and promote relaxation, helping you cope with discomfort even if it doesn't specifically alleviate or prevent it. Carrying a baby inside you changes your centre of gravity and puts a lot of stress on your back, neck, abdominal muscles, and shoulders.
Pregnancy also stretches your ligaments, so that your pelvic joints are less stable and changes your posture, pulling your pelvis forward. Add to that the extra weight you're carrying and you may find you've got an aching lower back.
We know where a pregnant woman's sore spots are likely to be and may be able to provide some relief. We also know which areas and techniques to be avoid.
$90 - 60 min.
Post natal Massage:
It will help to reshape your body after pregnancy. Relives stress and get back to normal your hormonal imbalance.
The pressure in Ayurvedic massage is varying. It's related to Marma / Energy Point and Its stimulation gives synchronizing effects on Neurophysiologic Mechanism in the body.
During Massage skin absorbs a significant amount of oil that's why skin becomes more smooth and soft in touch.
It’s Called baby massage.
What is baby massage?
Baby massage is gentle, rhythmic stroking of baby's body with hands. It can be used oil, Ghee or a moisturizer to help hands to glide smoothly over baby's skin.
What are the benefits?
Massage may help your baby to:
- Develop your child physically, mentally, emotionally and socially
- Stay relaxed and not get upset
- Improve silent at sleep.
Does it help to premature baby?
Massage may be particularly good for premature babies in special care, resulting in:
- Improved weight gain: particularly if an Ayurvedic medicated oils are used. Massage stimulates a key nerve, called the vagus nerve, which connects the brain with important parts of the body, including the stomach. Stimulating this nerve can improve digestion and bowel movement, helping your baby to gain weight.
- A more stable heart rate: Massage improves the parts of the nervous system that regulate our organs. So massage can help to keep your premature baby's heart rate steady.
- More stable brain activity: Premature babies who are massaged tend to have brain activity that develops at a normal level. Premature babies who are not massaged have shown a decrease in brain activity development.
- Calmer response to stress and pain.
These benefits may contribute to the finding that massaged premature babies tend to be well enough quick recovery and get stable health.
$125 – 90 min. (Herbal steam followed by massage)
For more information or to make an enquiry contact us today!!
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now