Membership for Practitioners, Students & Associates
Servicing areaMeadowbank, New South Wales
ATMS offers three types of membership, each with different requirements and benefits. There are Accredited Practitioner Members, Associate Non-Practitioner Members, and Student Members.
Only professional practitioners are entitled to an Accredited Membership, which comes with a host of benefits.
ATMS requires that applicants meet the academic standards required by its criteria by studying in a course approved by the organisation; or studying in a course that according to the ATMS, is equivalent to its academic requirements.
This type of membership is available in the following natural medicine modalities:
- Traditional Chinese Massage
- Bowen Therapy
- Remedial Massage
Non Tactile Therapies
- Chinese Herbal Medicine*
- Western Herbal Medicine
- Traditional Thai Massage
Those with an asterisk must have current national registration.
Benefits of an Accredited Membership
- Using ATMS Certified collateral with the statement “ATMS Accredited Practitioner”, members are also allowed to use the ATMS logo on clinic stationery, advertising, etc.
- Up to 43 health funds may be eligible.
- Exclusive access to professional indemnity insurance, and Skype or online consultations.
- Access to exclusive Continuing Professional Education (CPE) through ATMS Workshops and seminars in capital cities and large regional centres.
- Access to the EBSCO Alternative Medicine research package for free.
- Clinics, practitioners, and students are all eligible to apply for the ATMS + Nature & Health
- Awards, which recognise outstanding businesses and individuals in the natural medicine field.
- Upload your details onto ATMS' Find a Practitioner website which links to the member's practice website.
- Advertise for free on the ATMS website's Noticeboard.
ATMS student membership is free to students enrolled in ATMS-approved courses.
Benefits of Student Membership
- Students receive early-bird discounts on all Continuing Professional Education (CPE) events.
- Members receive monthly e-newsletters that include student updates, latest industry news, insurance updates, tips to become a professional and starting your own practice.
- Student and member awards for outstanding contributions to natural medicine and educational grants for eligible students and members
- Full free access to EBSCO
- Free subscription to the JATMS
- Professional representation
ATMS Associate Memberships are available to anyone who is interested in supporting ATMS' work or wishes to subscribe to the ATMS Journal.
An Associate Membership is not a practitioner category.
Benefits of an Associate Membership
- Membership in Australia's largest natural medicine association.
- Subscription to the ATMS Journal, a peer-review quarterly publication
- A subsidised entry fee for seminars, webinars, and special events.
- Subscription to the ATMS’ monthly e-newsletter, Wise N Well
- Become part of a community of over 18,000 natural medicine enthusiasts on social media, and stay up-to-date on natural medicine news, studies, tips, and insights.
Please visit ATMS' website for a complete list of ATMS membership requirements and benefits or to submit an application.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now