Welcome to Brunswick West Osteopathic Clinic
The practitioners at Brunswick West Osteopathic Clinic have over 40 years of clinical experience. They are professionals in the treatment of pain and dysfunction of the spine and body and achieve great results with their hands on, holistic approach. In addition to treating symptoms they focus on determining the cause of musculoskeletal problems. This approach results in fewer treatments and a more effective and long lasting outcome.
Osteopaths will go through a thorough case history with the patient and then using their refined palpatory skills, will assess the patient's condition. Using only "hands on" treatment the osteopath will use soft tissue techniques, stretching and manipulation to help releive the patient's symptoms.
Osteopathic treatment can help people of all ages with a wide range of problems. It is all about physical fine-tuning and is tailored to individual needs. Treatment may include a wide range of safe and effective techniques such as: massage, trigger point pressure, stretching and joint articulation or manipulation.
- Lower Back
- Sport Injuries
You do not need a referral to see an osteopath. If you suffer pain then an Osteopath may be able to help you. Some patients visit an Osteopath for what they term as a "service". Whilst not experiencing pain, as such, they recognise that they are not as free in their movement as they could be and would like to improve this before it becomes painful.
A consultation is at least 30 minutes in length and will involve:
- taking a thorough case and medical history
- examination of the musculo-skeletal system to determine what muscles, joints or nerves are causing your pain
- orthopaedic examination of the area of complaint but also all related structures. For example if you have a knee problem we will also routinely assess the ankle, hip, pelvis and lumbar spine for co-existing or predisposing dysfunction.
- Treatment; using a wide range of techniques such as massage, stretching, trigger point therapy, and joint mobilising and manipulation. Osteopaths use a wide variety of hands on techniques to reduce muscle tension and joint stiffness, resolve old strain patterns, and restore balance to the body
- Advice on the management of your condition such as stretching and strengthening exercises, ergonomic advice, and rehabilitation strategies to enhance your recovery and reduce the likelihood of recurrence of your condition
- Referral to other practitioners if required such as GP’s, Radiologists, Paediatricians, and other health care professionals
This ensures that each person treated is provided with the most effective and appropriate treatment plan and care.
Joint manipulation, or “clicking” of the joints, is just one of the many treatment tools your osteopath has in their toolbox. Our osteopaths are skilled in many different treatment techniques so each treatment is tailored to your needs and your condition. All aspects of your treatment will be discussed with you during your consultation.