Bowen Therapists Federation of Australia
Servicing areaWaverley Gardens, Victoria
The BTFA is a central source for professional development for Bowen Therapists across Australia. As a peak industry association supporting Bowen Therapists, we provide a portal to accessing training and development to stay current with industry standards and requirements.
We also provide extensive, regularly updated information about Bowen Therapy, including advancements in techniques, and case studies on the many ways in which Bowen Therapy can support those with joint pain, muscle issues, sports injuries, ongoing or intermittent pain.
We can also connect customers with a Bowen Therapist in their local area, through our Member Directory services.
Incorporated in 1998, The Bowen Therapists Federation of Australia Inc. (BTFA) (Regd No. A0037328E) has members in each State, with the members in Western Australia being represented through their State Association.
The BTFA is a national body with representation in each State. The BTFA meets all the criteria to be an approving body under the Federal Government Health Service Providers Act of 2007. We are a Not-For-Profit organisation run by an elected management committee from its members.
The role of the BTFA is to advise and formulate new policies, ensure professional practice, teaching/training and education standards are maintained and promote the awareness and effectiveness of Bowen Therapy throughout Australia and the world.
- To provide an effective voice for Bowen Therapy and Bowen Therapists with government, health funds and the general public our clients.
- To increase public awareness and understanding of Bowen Therapy, its history and its success in treating a wide range of musculo-skeletal and associated problems afflicting many individuals from infants to the elderly.
- To promote confidence in Bowen Therapy as a primary choice in the field of complementary, natural and traditional therapies
- To develop increasing professionalism and high standards of professional practice among its members through formal studies and continuing professional education requirements.
- To provide inputs in the development of relevant legislation affecting complementary health, particularly Bowen Therapy, that is in the public interest, including the opposition of legislation which, for any reason, is considered inappropriate or against the public interest in this field.
- To ensure that the public, our clients, have access to a body that has a vested interest in their welfare when using the services of registered Bowen Therapists and to emphasise the importance of checking that practitioners or therapists are registered with the BTFA.
- To provide a source of information, and also a referral service, to locate registered practitioners and therapists in their area.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now