Cooloola Better Health Centre
Servicing areaGympie, Queensland
Welcome to Cooloola Better Health Centre
Give yourself the gift of better health and wellbeing. Call the Cooloola better health centre, and start your journey to wellness today.
The modalities practiced at the clinic are...
- Herbal Medicine,
- Nutrition & Diet Advice,
- Weight Loss Management,
- Bach Flower Therapy,
- Massage Therapy.
|Tuesday & Wednesday||9.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Thursday||1.00 pm to 6.00 pm|
|Friday||9.00am to 1.00 pm|
|Monday (Bowen therapy)||9.00 am to 5.00 pm|
HICAP facilities and Health Fund rebates are available from most
private health funds. Please present your Health fund card at reception.
Cooloola Better Health Centre has a pedestrian ramp for easy pram
and wheelchair access.
Some of those conditions are listed below:
- Digestive problems, liver & gull bladders problems, High cholesterol, indigestion & malabsorption, candidiasis.
- Female reproductive system from menarche to menopause.
- Fertility issues and pregnancy support.
- Baby's teething problems, reflux, eczema, feeding and sleep problems.
- Children's behavioural, learning, sleep and digestive problems, as well as allergies, recurrent colds, flu, ear and throat infections.
- Adrenal exhaustion, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, thyroid and prostate health.
- Immune support, cold& flues, bronchitis, sinus infections, mosquito born viruses, ear nose throat infections and inflammation
- Stress, anxiety, tiredness, fatigue, depression, mental exhaustion and sleep disorders.
- High blood pressure, circulatory problems, restless legs syndrome, lack of concentration & memory lapses.
- Allergies, Asthma, dermatitis, eczema, arthritis, chronic disease.
- Metabolic Syndrome (high blood pressure, high cholesterol, over weight, diabetes, PCOS)
- Effective weight loss and weight management / maintenance programs.
- Wellness, health and wellbeing maintenance.
Our aim is to provide better health for the whole family, and Ada is passionate about assisting her clients to regain, achieve and maintain their good health and well being goals. Promoting better life style, diet changes & exercise. Educating and encouraging healthy living habits, as well as correcting health issues clients present with.
At the initial consultation Ada will take a comprehensive health history, family history and any prescription medication will be carefully noted. She will go over diet, work issues, assess stress levels, sleeping habits & energy levels. Ada then uses tools such as pulse & tongue diagnosis, nail diagnosis and Iridology to gather some more health information, before she sits with the client to work their individual 'return to health' program. Ada uses herbal & nutritional medication , detoxification and weight loss programmes, some homeopathic drops, Bach & flower essences or body work as well as diet & lifestyle changes to assist the client achieve their health goals.
People from all walks of life, and all ages come to the clinic. From babies, toddlers & children to mature and old age, and though she treats many people for chronic diseases, she also sees many clients for preventative health, flu, colds, overseas trip health maintenance & winter health maintenance.
The medications Ada uses help to stimulate the innate healing response with minimum intervention, while maximising vitality and health. The medications are gentle on the body, and great care is taken to avoid any possible interaction with prescription medications. Ada will usually meet the client for repeat consultations after 2 - 4 weeks, though in acute conditions usually after 4 - 7 days.
Most conditions respond well to natural therapies and life style changes, and while treatment of chronic conditions is sometimes slow, acute problem's response to treatment can be very fast.
Ada believes that our health is the result of the interaction between our body, mind, emotions and our environment, be it physical (diet, work,chemical exposure, lack of exercise, drink, smoking,lack of sleep etc.), emotional ( lack of joy, happiness & love, or too much anger, grief, hate etc.), mental (stress, depression, worry) or spiritual. When the interaction becomes toxic, disease will follow. Once we identify the source of toxicity and remove it, health and well being will follow.
Naturopath Ada Medak graduated in 1988 from the BCTA , and has been in practice in Gympie since. Ada is a member of the National Herbalist Association of Australia and a fellow of the Australian Natural Therapy Association . She regularly updates her skills by attending various seminars and workshops throughout the year.
- Bachelor of Naturopathy.
- Diploma of Herbal Medicine.
- Diploma of Nutrition and Diet.
- Diploma of Massage Therapy.
- Member of NHAA
- Fellow of ANTA
Call 07 5483 8300
or simply use the links below:
Make an Enquiry ~ Request an Appointment
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now