Psychologists in clinical practice work with people to identify and overcome difficulties which stop them in some way from functioning to the best of their ability. This covers a vast range of areas. Psychologists work with people to improve both personal and relationship situations.
Dolphinium Blues is a professional practice located in the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, 40km east of Melbourne.
Dolphinium Blues is the practice of Susan Henderson, a registered psychologist and hypnotherapist with over 20 years experience.
Dolphinium Blues offers a wide range of psychological approaches and therapies, so that you and the psychologist together can choose how to best address your needs by taking into account factors including:
- your personality
- your philosophy and beliefs
- your past experiences
- what you feel comfortable with
- your reasons for seeking assistance
Dolphinium Blues is the practice of Susan Henderson
Susan has been in private practice as a psychologist and hypnotherapist for more than 20 years, working directly with all age groups of the general public as well as through referring agencies.
Prior to her work in private practice, she worked exclusively with children and adolescents. Susan has training and experience in a wide range of conscious and sub-conscious psychological therapies, including (but not limited to) CBT, Hypnosis, EMDR, and Play Therapy.
Susan is a member of:
- Australian Association of Psychologists inc.
- Professional Clinical Hypnotherapists of Australia
- Australian Society for Traumatic Stress Studies
- National Guild of Hypnotists (USA)
- Dave Elman Hypnosis Institute Alumni
- EMDR Association Australia
- Healthy Sketicism
- International Society for Ethical Psychology and Psychiatry
- Marcé Society (International & Australasian Branch)
clients include people of all ages, be they:
- elderly people
You don’t need a referral to make an appointment.
Many private health funds cover psychology and hypnosis.
You may be eligible for a Medicare rebate. You will need to discuss with your GP whether you are eligible for a Medicare referral. If so, you will need a written referral and Mental Health Care Plan from your GP.
We have HICAPS, so you can pay cash or with your credit card and claim your Medicare or health fund rebate immediately.
Visit the HICAPS website for a list of participating health funds.
offers a wide range of therapeutic approaches to suit individual needs.
Some of these are:
- psychotherapy – covers a range of therapies with a focus on treating the cause of a problem, rather than just the symptoms.
- EMDR – Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing. EMDR has been found to be a very effective treatment for many psychological problems, particularly Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder.
- hypnosis – may be used for treating all sorts of difficulties – panic attacks, fibromyalgia, addictions, exam performance, chronic pain are just a few. Hypnosis may be used to access the source of an issue.
- CBT – Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- play therapy for children
- dream analysis