Hornsby Natural Therapy Clinic
What is the Acupuncture?
Acupuncture affects the Physiological functioning of the body by inserting of fine needles into specific points all over the body. Because of a primary health-care system in itself, acupuncture can be used to treat most health problems, ranging from colds and flus to neck and back problems to insomnia and chronic fatigue.
Medically, acupuncture works by regulation various systems in the body-hormonal, nervous, immune, circulatory, muscular, etc.
What problems can be treated by Acupuncture?
- Ear, nose & throat disorders:
Common cold, sinusitis, tonsillitis, hayfever.
- Respiratory Disorders:
Acute bronchitis and bronchial asthma.
- Gastro-intestinal Disorders:
Gastritis, indigestion duodenalulcer, Hiccoughts, colitis, constipation and Diarrhea.
- Neurological & Musculo-skeletal:
Trigeminal neuralgia, headache and migraines, post-stroke syndromes, Meniere’s disease, bladder dysfunction, frozen shoulder, tennis elbow,sciatica,lower back pain and osteoarthritis.
- Pregnancy problems:
Nausea, Hypertension, Breech and Posterior Babies.
Benefits of Massage
- Increases blood supply and nutrition to muscle.
- Relieves muscle spasm and tension.
- Accelerates recovery from fatigue via removal of toxic lactic.
- Stimulates the sebaceous glands to improve the secretory function of the skin.
- Compensates for lack of exercise and muscular contraction in persons.
How many treatments will I need?
The number and frequency of treatments depends on how severe and long-standing the condition is, and how well each patient responds to therapy. Four to twelve treatments will generally provide lasting relief for most chronic ailments. However, some acute problems may only require single treatments, and some degenerative problems dozens. You will be given some idea of how you should respond in your initial consultation, and certainly experience an improvement in your first few treatments.
Cupping therapy is a method that uses a glass cup to create localized pressure by vacuuming the air inside the cup. This will make the blood to gather in this small area and it will help to improve the circulation of your body. Ancient Chinese herbalists believed that our body contains “Meridians”. These meridians are pathways in our body which the energy of life called Qi (“Chi”) flow through. This “Chi” may be related to the stress of your body and it will release toxins in your body. By cupping therapy, you will feel a great relief from the pain or the stress.
Moxibustion is the most traditional therapeutic health care method of the Chinese Nation. Chinese people use the Moxibustion to keep healthy life and to cure disease for more than 3500 years and it is used by many alternative medicine practitioners until now.
How you can be beneficial?
Moxibustion is a method of curing diseases by heat transmission above acupoints human body. It works in following ways:
- It will invigorate your channel energy and improve the immunity system. By this way, it has the very good effect on your general health and curing diseases.
- It will disperse the coldness and warm up all channels in your body.
- It will recuperate the depleted Yang energy for people who have weak Yang energy or poor immunity system.
- It will resolve food stagnation and promote blood circulation by removing blood stasis.
- It will be used to reduce the swelling.
- It can also be used as Pregnancy Problems(e.g Breech and Posterior Babies) and Irregular Periods.
Chinese herbs are dried part of, or whole plants grown under strict supervision in China, or cultivated in the wild. There are over four hundred Chinese herbs. Each herb has healing properties, which is used for specific purpose and performs particular functions.
Not as Western herbs often being used by single term, Chinese herbs always are used in formula form, which are created by TCM doctor to fit your exact condition.
Because Chinese herbs are used in their most natural state, it will cause no side effects.
What kinds of disorders can be treated by Chinese Herbs?
Chinese herbs are commonly used to treat disorders such as:
- Digestive problems
- Eczema and psoriasis
- Fatigue & stress
- Gynecological disorders
- Hepatic(liver) disorders
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Allergies and autoimmune disorders.
Mon - Fri 9:00am -5:30pm
Sat 9:00am - 4:00pm
Close on Sunday & Public Holiday
Health Fund Rebate
Work Cover Accept
- Bachelor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Adv. Dip. Remedial Massage & Shiatsu
Member of Australian Traditional Medicine Society
Member of Australian Natural Therapists Association
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now