Acupuncturist, Myotherapist & Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioner
Servicing areaLimestone Coast
Hong Yu Cao is an Australian registered Chinese medicine practitioner, acupuncturist, qualified Myotherapist and Remedial Massage Therapist.
For over 26 years, Mt. Gambier Chinese Medical Centre has helped thousands of patients using natural therapies including cupping therapy, acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, massage, dietary changes and nutritional supplements.
Dr Hong focuses on the treatment of illness and intends to prevent diseases by encouraging healthier living and ensuring a better quality of life.
His practice incorporates diverse techniques and knowledge to assist clients suffering from a range of health issues like muscular, tendon, ligament and soft tissue injuries; relieving symptoms of anxiety, depression, headache, infertility, digestive conditions, skin conditions, insomnia, and menstrual problems.
Dr Hong uses traditional Chinese medicine diagnostic methods to assess your health and condition, this includes:
- Observation - examining your tongue, complexion, eyes, nails, physical appearance, level of vitality, emotional demeanour, etc.
- Auscultation-olfaction - analysing your cough, smelling your phlegm, body odour, etc.
- Interview - looking into your symptoms or health background including chills or fever, sweats, appetite, sleep, urination, defecation, primary and secondary complaints, etc.
- Palpation - pulse, abdomen, etc.
Chinese medicine is a natural therapy that views each person as an individual, with unique conditions and experiences.
Your treatment focuses on the deep-seated cause of your illness with each treatment tailored to suit your needs.
It integrates different modalities like acupuncture, herbal medicine, manipulation and remedial massage, diet, and exercise therapy to provide holistic treatment.
The ancient healing system of acupuncture will help improve your overall well-being.
By inserting thin, sterile needles into strategic points of your body, acupuncture unblocks energy pathways to restore your balance, strengthen your immunity and prevent other health conditions.
Chinese Herbal Medicine
For thousands of years, Chinese herbs have been used in medical treatment and in daily life. Chinese herbalists have developed traditional herbal formulas to treat diverse illnesses and common ailments.
In most circumstances, Chinese herbal medicine is used in conjunction with Western medicine to support the patient’s recovery.
Other Services Offered
- Dietary & Lifestyle Advice
- Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Chinese Therapeutic Device
- Monday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Tuesday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Wednesday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Thursday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Other times and Saturdays by appointment. Most health fund rebates are available.
Your optimum health and wellness are important.
Understandably, new forms of treatment may seem scary and overwhelming.
Call Dr Hong to discuss your enquiries or set an appointment.
- Registered Acupuncturist
- Massage Therapist
- Degree In Health Science - Chinese Medicine
- Registered Chinese Herbal Medicine Practitioner
- Massage & Myotherapy Australia
- FCMA - Federation Of Chinese Medicine & Acupuncture Societies Of Australia
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now