Mindful Works designs and delivers mindfulness-based wellbeing, professional development and mentoring programs to meet the needs of individuals, families, teachers, students, leaders and organisations of all kinds. Mindful Works is dedicated to serving rural and regional communities, bringing mindfulness to life wherever you are.
You can choose from established courses, retreats and professional development programs. Request a program tailored to your needs. Opt for individual or small group mentoring. Invite Mindful Works to come to you, wherever you are.
Mindful Works is dedicated to serving rural and regional communities, bringing mindfulness to life wherever you are.
Mindful Works supports you to open to the challenges and opportunities of life, with greater calm, clarity and confidence.
With Mindful Works you will learn skills to:
- be more calm, focused, confident and joyful
- let go of habits that no longer serve you well
- reduce stress, worrying, rushing and procrastination
- improve the quality of your decisions, relationships and communication
- appreciate yourself and the everyday pleasures and treasures of life
Mindful Works is founded and facilitated by Dr Sharn Rocco.
Sharn is a long-term meditation and mindfulness practitioner and teacher. Her expertise as an educator and extensive experience as a practitioner, scholar and teacher of mindfulness, ensure that whoever you are, wherever you are, Mindful Works courses, retreats, professional development and mentoring are relevant, meaningful, and inspiring.
With Mindful Works you are in the best of hands. Founder and facilitator, Sharn Rocco (PhD), has extensive experience as a meditation and mindfulness practitioner, teacher, researcher and teacher educator. She brings skills and understandings accrued from years of designing curriculum and teaching and facilitating learning for large and small groups in education, health, corporate and community settings.
Sharn has twice been scholar-in-residence for the Garrison Institute New York and has taught mindfulness courses and led day-long and weekend retreats in various locations in NSW and Queensland as well as in New York, Ubud and Oslo. Since moving on from her tenured academic position at James Cook University in 2012, she has taught Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in various locations and designed and delivered acclaimed short courses and retreats for personal and professional development. Her expertise is grounded in more than a decade of daily mindfulness and meditation practice supported by frequent retreats and teachings received from renowned meditation masters in Australia, France and the USA.
Sharn is dedicated to bringing mindfulness to life wherever you are. She is constantly inspired by witnessing how people from all walks of life are able to make changes that positively improve how they experience and respond to daily life.
Mindfulness as a concept and a practice has been around for millennia. In recent years, interest in mindfulness has skyrocketed. This interest is largely due to the beneficial effects mindfulness can have on easing the stress and ailments that come with the complex demands and distractions of life in the 21st century.
Courses & Retreats
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is for anyone interested in reducing stress associated with work, study, family life, chronic pain or illness. MBSR helps you to help yourself.
Developed more than 30 years ago by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical Centre, MBSR is often referred to as the benchmark or ‘gold standard’ of mindfulness courses. MBSR is taught in hundreds of locations across the globe and, it is estimated that hundreds of thousands of people to have completed MBSR courses worldwide.
Bringing Mindfulness to Life
Bringing Mindfulness to Life (BMTL) short course aims to bring mindfulness to daily life wherever you are. The course will increase your self-awareness and equip you with daily life skills to:
- deal with stress and stressful situations
- procrastinate less and get more done
- let-go of worrying and other un-helpful habits
- live with greater calm, clarity and confidence
Mindful Works Daylong Retreats are an opportunity for you to step out of the busy-ness of life, relax, reboot and regain perspective. Mindful Works Daylong Retreats are designed to suit beginners and people wanting to refresh or deepen their mindfulness practice.
A Mindful Works Daylong Retreat is the ideal way to bring mindfulness to your community. All you need is a suitable venue and willingness to encourage others to come along.
From time to time, in various locations, including annually at The Old Monastery Stroud, Mindful Works offers weekend mindfulness retreats. Wherever the retreat, you can be sure that the venue will offer opportunities to immerse yourself in the practice of mindfulness and the beauty of nature.
Mindful Works weekend retreats are led by Dr Sharn Rocco. Sharn has led weekend and longer retreats in various locations including Kangaroo Valley, Magnetic Island, Ubud, Oslo, Orford and Stroud.
Mindful Works for Leaders
Mindful Works for Leaders offers mindfulness-based leadership training for leaders in business, community, education and government. This practical, professional development program combines contemporary leadership theory with the ancient wisdom and current research and practice of mindfulness.
The Mindful Works for Leaders program will help you and your team:
- improve relationships and communication
- increase optimism, focus and flexibility
- decrease stress, procrastination and reactivity
- make decisions about your energies and where to put them
- open to the challenges and discomforts required to lead
Bringing Mindfulness to Life at Work
Bringing Mindfulness to Life @ WORK is a short course that aims to bring mindfulness to the daily demands and routines of working life.
Research has demonstrated that practicing mindfulness at work can:
- improve work-place wellbeing, communication and productivity
- reduce stress, burn-out and absenteeism
- support organizational leaders, teams and individuals to navigate change with clarity, confidence and grace
The Bringing Mindfulness to Life @ WORK short course will equip you with skills and strategies to:
- Reduce stress, distraction and procrastination
- Improve focus, confidence and communication
- Bring calm and clarity to workplace demands and routines
Bringing Mindfulness to Life at School: PD for Educators
Bringing mindfulness to Life @ SCHOOL is a flexible, transformative professional development program for educators interested in integrating mindfulness into life at school for personal, professional and student wellbeing and learning.
This mindfulness-based PD is for educators wanting to:
- Restore joy, confidence and creativity to teaching and learning.
- Respond to increasing demands, complexity and change with calm, clarity and composure.
- Reduce stress and emotional reactivity within and beyond the classroom.
- Recognise that relationships are at the heart of effective teaching and learning.
- The relevance of Bringing mindfulness to Life @ SCHOOL is grounded in connections with the Professional
- Standards for Australian Teachers, (particularly standards four and six); and to the DET Staff Wellbeing Framework.
This mindfulness-based PD will equip you and your colleagues with techniques to:
- increase resilience and stress management.
- improve communication with students, parents and colleagues.
- respond to challenging behaviours with clarity and calm
- manage and maximize learning and preparation time
- support the engagement of all students
In-House Mindfulness Training
All Mindfulness courses, retreats and professional development options can be delivered in-house and tailored to meet your organisational needs.
If you are looking for something shorter, you can choose from one of the following options or contact Mindful Works to discuss your ideas for bringing mindfulness to life wherever you are.
Mentoring for a Mindful Life
Mentoring for a Mindful Life supports you to live the life you want.
- Too busy doing what you think you should?
- Confined by what you think others expect?
- Feeling overworked and overwhelmed, frustrated or fearful?
- Lost sight of the path leading to the life you want?
Mentoring for a Mindful life is tailored to assist you to become your best self in two key areas of life.
- Mentoring for a Mindful Personal Life
- Mentoring for a Mindful Life at Work
Mentoring for a Mindful Personal Life will help you live life more consciously, confidently and courageously. Mentoring for a mindful life will support you to:
- become your own best friend
- get clear about the what and how of the life you want
- nourish yourself and your relationships with mindful awareness
- practice making the changes that will allow you to live the life you want
VIP (Valuing Inner Peace)
Get in touch with yourself, and your circle of influence and care, by getting in touch with us.