Kelly is a graduate of the Southern School of Natural Therapies in Melbourne, completing a four year Bachelor degree in Health Science - Naturopathy. She is a full practicing member of the Naturopaths & Herbalists Association of Australia (N.H.A.A.).
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a distinct and complete system of health care. Six foundational principles form the basis of the practice of naturopathy:
- The healing power of nature (Vis Medicatrix Naturae): The human body is smart. Given the right environment, circumstances and nutrients - it has the ability to heal itself.
- First do no harm: patient wellbeing always comes first
- Find and treat the cause whenever possible, not only the symptoms (Tolle Causum): in order to truely heal, the cause must be addressed
- Treat the whole person: a patient is not their disease or symptom - they are a unique, complex being and they should be treated as an individual.
- Education: Lasting change and empowerment is achieved through education.
- Prevention: It is much better to prevent disease and illness than to cure it.
These six principles are kept in mind when a naturopath takes your case, develops a treatment plan and offers education and maintenance for long-term health goals and disease prevention.
Naturopathy is well suited to anyone at any age.
Naturopaths use various modalities in their practice. These may include:
- Herbal medicine
- Nutritional medicine
- Dietary and lifestyle advice
- Flower Essences
Naturopaths often work alongside your GP and other health professionals to offer you the best patient-centred, integrative treatment.
We Can Help With:
- Improving general health & wellbeing
- Weight control & Metabolic Disease
- Healthy Ageing & Menopause Transition
- Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne & Other Skin Conditions
- Children's Health & Diet
- Anxiety & Sleep Disturbances
- Allergies & Hay fever
- Pre-conceptive & Pregnancy Care
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Digestive Disturbances
- Cardiovascular health promotion
- Thyroid and Endocrine conditions
- And much more!
We stock only the highest quality herbal medicine liquid extracts - brands such as MediHerb, Optimal Rx, PPC and Herbal Extract Company - which are all Australian Companies with strict production standards.
At Sophrosyne Naturopathy, we believe using fresh food is the best medicine, therefore we will use nutritional supplements as a short-term solution: for example - your current diet is not providing you with all the vitamins and minerals it requires for optimal well-being, or there is a particular nutritional deficiency that needs correcting.
Long-term solutions will be focused education, dietary changes and utilising the power of smart, mindful eating combined with delicious, nutritious whole-food.
Energetic therapies, such as flower essences, use gentle vibrational healing or a 'resonance' to gently shift our own energetic vibrations to heal at an emotional and spiritual level.
At Sophrosyne, we use Australian Bush Flower Essences (ABFE) to create a mixture of flower essences that resonate with you and your particular emotional and physical needs.
INITIAL NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION
An initial consultation involves two separate sessions - a comprehensive case-taking session lasting 60 minutes and a 30 minute debreif where a treatment plan is presented and put into action. These are booked on two different days - at least 2 days apart to allow your naturopath ample time to review your case.
FOLLOW-UP NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION
Follow-up sessions are used to check treatment progress, review prescriptions, provide further education and address additional health requirements.
For existing patients that have had a full initial consultation previously. For acute presentation only; such as cold or flu.
FLOWER ESSENCE THERAPY
Personalised consult and Australian Bush Flower Essence prescription - 25ml bottle included in price.
NOTHING LOOKS AS GOOD AS HEALTHY FEELS, TAKE THE FIRST STEP!
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now