Find a Connective Tissue Massage Therapist in your area
This practitioner is currently unavailable.
MORE THAN 22 YEARS EXPERIENCE
It is our experience and understanding that distinguishes ACTIVE SOMA and its effective methods as a unique approach to health and wellbeing.
- "Nick is a passionate professional. His skill set is a brilliant mix of science and intuition. His approach is thorough and flexible and the results reflect this."
ACTIVE SOMA is the coming together of several complementary strategies and processes that enhance and empower physical wellbeing within the individual.
ACTIVE SOMA utilizes hands on techniques (myofascial release) and guided movements to slowly stretch and reposition the body’s fascia, the supportive wrapping of the body, restoring natural length and elasticity to the body through its network of deep connective fibres of the fascia.
By further applying principles of posture awareness and movement education ACTIVE SOMA is able to assist with how we stand, sit, and walk — the basic elements for any purposeful daily activities.
People seek ACTIVE SOMA and Rolfing as a way to ease pain and chronic stress, and improve performance in their professional and daily activities. Athletes, dancers, children, business people, and people from all walks of life have benefited from this approach.
- "Whenever I have a friend with any sort of muscular pain or structural issue, I refer them to Nick who I fondly refer to as "Nick with the magical hands". Nick is one of the best body worker's in the industry. He has helped me finally stand up straight, and is always great to visit when I get stiff and sore from too much work at my desk. I highly recommend him to everyone including my own family, friends and clients!"
Posture and Alignment
You will sit and stand straighter and taller with less effort. You will breathe more easily and fully, and look and feel lighter.;
Aches and Pains
You are likely to have less pain and tension in you body as your body becomes more balanced and symmetrical.
You will have easier movement and a wider range of motion in the joints. Older people will appreciate a sense of youthfulness as earlier movement patterns are restored.
You will use less energy for any given movement and perform movements with increased ease and greater efficiency.
Stress and Wellbeing
Some people may experience considerable psychological growth as the emotional history stored in your body is released. A freer, more responsive body will support you in every part of your life.
- "I am in the Natural Therapies industry myself and with a chronic problem I have seen a lot of bodywork practitioners. I can honestly say I have never known of anyone as skilled and effective as Nick. I am sure he is the main reason I remain upright. I recommend him wholeheartedly. Seeing Nick will be the biggest favour you could ever do for your body."
ABOUT NICHOLAS and ACTIVE SOMA
Nicholas is a manual therapist and Advanced Rolfer with more than 22 years experience. He specializes in Structural Integration (Rolfing) and Myofascial Release, and is dedicated to the field of Posture Correction and Movement Education. His experience as a manual therapist forms a practice that expands into physical, rehabilitation and movement therapies.
All involved with ACTIVE SOMA understands the importance of exercise and movement as a way of uncovering and developing improved posture and movement habits. Nicholas’ personal understanding stems from his additional professional training within the fitness industry (PT), as well as functional movement based training (Gyrokinesis).
It is this experience and understanding that comes from over 22 years of working with manual and movement therapies that distinguishes ACTIVE SOMA and its effective methods as a unique approach to health and wellbeing.
- Rolf Institute of Structural Integration
- International Fascia Research Society - Foundation member