Valetudo is Latin for good health or the state of being healthy which is exactly what we want our clientele to experience. To help you achieve good health the Valetudo Health Team has a broad range of Lifestyle Medicine options to cater for your individual or workplace needs.
Valetudo Health’s Mission
Valetudo Health’s mission is to inspire their clientele to:
- Be injury and pain free
- Reduce their risk of chronic disease i.e. diabetes, stroke &, cardio vascular disease
- Reduce their risk of lifestyle influenced cancers i.e. skin, bowel, lung & breast
- If already diagnosed with cancer or chronic disease, assist them to manage their condition and alleviate some
- of the associated burdens
- Be fit and healthy
- Feel good i.e. low stress & sleeping well
- Achieve their health & fitness goals
- Experience what the world has to offer
And aid workplaces to:
- Implement preventive approaches where possible
- Reduce expenditure on reactive solutions
- Identify the right personnel for the job
- Apply and communicate appropriate injury prevention methods
- Promote positive lifestyle behaviour
- Boost employees morale
- Reduce lost time to injuries
- Reduce workers compensation claims and insurance premiums
- Design/modify workplaces to reduce risk of injuries
- Design/modify workplaces to make them more comfortable and enjoyable for workers
- Reduce employee turnover rates
- Reduce sick days taken
- Workplaces are an ideal environment to positively influence workers lives. Work requirements can quite often impact opportunity to live a healthy lifestyle. By having the Valetudo Health Team come in and assess your employees you are providing the opportunity for the team to inspire your employees to make the necessary changes.
Range of Motion Screening
A process as simple as screening your employees’ joints Range of Motion (ROM) can help to:
- Identify regions of the body that are at high risk of injury
- Locate imbalances and tightness responsible for discomfort and pain
- Identify what stretches are relevant to job tasks
- Recognise Injuries prone to a particular job task
- Assess physical requirements of future employees
Corporate Health Packages
The Valetudo Health Team isn’t satisfied with just helping you identify all the areas that need improvement. The Valetudo Health Team also wants to help you put in place an effective holistic health package, which can include:
- Group fitness
- Stretch and relaxation sessions
- Personal training
- Injury rehabilitation
- Dietary advice
- Cooking classes
- Massage therapy
Impact seminars can be a great way to inspire employees to make the necessary changes to achieve good health, whether this is by:
- Reducing their risk of injury, chronic disease, cancer and fatigue
- Assisting them to improve their lifestyle choices
- Educating your workforce with tactics to manage harsh environmental conditions and/or shift work
- Improve team work and communication
Are your job tasks ‘outside the box’ or quite physically demanding??? Typical physical assessments might not be satisfactory for identifying the right personnel for the job. The Valetudo Health Team can design a physical health assessment to specifically meet the demands of that particular job description.
Investing in a tailor made assessment process could be priceless, assisting your company to:
- Improve employee retention rates
- Improve productivity and efficiency
- Reduce lost time to injuries
- Decrease workers compensation claims
Holistic Ergonomic Assessments
- Ergonomics is about fitting the workplace to the employees and includes a diverse range of factors i.e. layout, design, equipment, systems, techniques adopted, temperature, lighting, air flow, colours, culture, rosters, work hours, social aspect, work-life balance, communication, PPE, clothing and many more…
- Goal setting is too frequently done ineffectively, with people failing to select appropriate and realistic goals, not quantifying the specific outcome they are expecting to achieve, instead just generalising, not establishing a process to see if they are on track to achieve the end result, not putting in place strategies to achieve their goal, not listing motivations to achieve the goal and not identifying a reward for achieving the desired results.
The Valetudo Health Team can come to you or you can come to us. Finding an option that works for you is what we are interested in. We want to see results as much as you do!
Chronic Disease & Cancer Rehab
- The Valetudo Health Team boasts Accredited Exercise Physiologists that can offer specialty exercise rehabilitation services to high risk groups. The exercise physiologists combine their tertiary level education and previous experiences to provide an optimal exercise rehabilitation solution for you. The other advantage of using an accredited exercise physiologist is that if you have a chronic condition your doctor may be able to refer you to Valetudo Health through the a Chronic Disease Management(CDM) plan which will make you eligable for Medicare rebates. The CDM system is limited, but can be an option to help you get started.
The Experienced Valetudo Health Team:
- Clinical Exercise Physiologists,
Work together to provide the best treatment plan for our clients. Please note in-house and mobile services are available.
- Start to get on top of your health by contacting the Valetudo Health Team for more information on these services. Valetudo Health offers a number of packages to cater for varying needs and wants. so you shall be pleasantly surprised with Valetudo Health’s deals!
- If you are self motivated enough to carry out an exercise regime, but just need some professional direction, try taking advantage of the Valetudo Health Team’s exercise specialists. They can tailor a program to help you achieve your desired goals. The programs can by home based or gym based. It is important to exactly know what it is you are trying to achieve and how you are going at achieving it. So it is a good idea to couple an exercise program with goal setting and scheduled health assessments to keep track of progress. When your body has adapted to the program or you feel like you need a new challenge the Valetudo Health Team can work with you to progress it to the next level.
- The Valetudo Health Team monitors the ratio of exercise professionals to participants to ensure adequate supervision is provided. Please understand that group sessions aren’t as controlled as one-on-one sessions so if post your initial assessment the Valetudo Health Team feel you need more attention than what a group session can offer, then personal training options will be recommended to you. Your health is in our best interest.
Nutritional skills once learned can be applied for life! Your whole household will benefit and the cooking skills and good eating habits can potentially be passed onto your children, giving them a great kick start to life!
Pilates is a physical fitness system that was developed in the early 20th century by Joseph Pilates. Pilates is now a popular form of body conditioning that focuses on developing flexibility and long, lean muscles, strength and endurance in the legs, abdominals (core), arms, hips, and back. The Pilates style places emphasis on spinal and pelvic alignment, breathing to relieve stress and increasing blood flow to supply adequate oxygen flow to muscles. other benefits from Pilates include improved coordination and balance.
- Maria Justo, our qualified Remedial Massage Therapist blends a number of therapeutic techniques into her massage practice; Deep Tissue, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofasical Release, Kinesiotaping, Bowen, Sports Massage and Relaxation combined with Assessment to create unique and individually tailored therapy sessions to help restore balance to the body and facilitate optimal tissue function and healthy range of motion.
The Valetudo Health Team’s affiliated clinical psychologists could be your answer! They have extensive experience and knowledge to share with individuals, groups, workplaces, sporting teams and families.
The Valetudo Health Team’s Physiotherapist has extensive experience in the areas of musculoskeletal and sports Physiotherapy.
Conditions often treated include:
- Chronic head aches or pain disorders,
- Operation or general injury recovery,
- Post cardiac and orthopaedic surgery,
- Strength and flexibility imbalances,
- Woman’s and men’s health issues,
- Sporting injuries,
- Acute neck and lower back pain,
- Biomechanical movement disorders
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now