Well-Balanced Healthcare - Acupuncture
Servicing areaMosman, New South Wales
Acupuncture is a branch of Traditional Chinese Medicine dating back 2,500 years. Traditional Chinese Medicine is a primary Health Care system that can be effective in treatment of acute and chronic ailments as shown in research studies collated in the Acupuncture Evidence Project.
Knowledge of acupuncture points and acupuncture treatments has developed over 2,500 years of human history. This clinical record assures us that it may be a safe and effective treatment for some health problems. Even more, Traditional Chinese Medicine has always inclined to prevention of disease by helping to examine your lifestyle your diet, your relaxation and your physical activity.
What will happen at my first appointment?
At Well Balanced Healthcare, your acupuncture practitioner will conduct a consultation, including traditional pulse and tongue diagnosis, and use an in-depth questionnaire to gather your well-being history.
Very fine, single use, disposable filament-like needles are then inserted into specific acupuncture points along the bodys energy pathways (meridians) to clear energy blockages and encourage normal flow of energy (Qi) through the body. The needles stay in the acupuncture points for around 40 minutes. Most people find it deeply relaxing and fall asleep! Acupuncture points may also be stimulated using moxibustion, cupping, laser therapy, electro stimulation to rebalance the flow of Qi.
What health conditions can acupuncture be used for?
The Acupuncture Evidence Project shows strong or moderate evidence to support the use of acupuncture for
- Rhinitis (perennial and seasonal)
- Asthma (in adults)
- Chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting
- Pain (low back pain, headache - tension-type and chronic, migraines, neck pain, lateral elbow pain, plantar heel pain, post stroke shoulder pain, prostatitis pain, sciatica, shoulder pain and temporomandibular pain, cancer pain, labour pain, back or pelvic pain during pregnancy)
- Anxiety and Depression (with antidepressants)
- Hypertension (with medication)
- Irritable Below Syndrome
- Menopausal hot flushes
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Restless leg syndrome
- Stroke (acute, post stroke insomnia, post stroke spasticity, rehabilitation)
There is some evidence available to support the use of acupuncture for 70 other health related conditions.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now