Banora Physical Therapies - Hydrotherapy
How does Hydrotherapy work?
Mobility and exercises may be easier for some patients as they are unable to perform activities on land as they are in the pool. The support of the water and the reduced fear of falling over can help with mobility practice. Exercises against the resistance of water and dynamic exercises within the water can also improve balance, muscle strength and co-ordination.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy?
Aquatic Physiotherapy can help to relieve pain, mobilise joints, promote relaxation, develop balance, strengthen muscles, enhance coordination and improve overall fitness.
What are the therapeutic benefits of Hydrotherapy & exercise in warm water?
- Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm
- Gravity is countered by buoyancy
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure
- Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water
- Enhanced balance and stabilisation
What conditions can Hydrotherapy benefit from?
- Back pain/sciatica/ lumbar instability
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash & other neck pain
- Balance/coordination problems
For more information, click here.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now