Banora Physical Therapies
Banora Physical Therapies - Hydrotherapy
How does Hydrotherapy work?
Mobility and exercises may be easier for some patients as they are unable to perform activities on land as they are in the pool. The support of the water and the reduced fear of falling over can help with mobility practice. Exercises against the resistance of water and dynamic exercises within the water can also improve balance, muscle strength and co-ordination.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy?
Aquatic Physiotherapy can help to relieve pain, mobilise joints, promote relaxation, develop balance, strengthen muscles, enhance coordination and improve overall fitness.
What are the therapeutic benefits of Hydrotherapy & exercise in warm water?
- Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm
- Gravity is countered by buoyancy
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure
- Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water
- Enhanced balance and stabilisation
What conditions can Hydrotherapy benefit from?
- Back pain/sciatica/ lumbar instability
- Sports injuries
- Whiplash & other neck pain
- Balance/coordination problems
For more information, click here.
Banora Physical Therapies has been a leading clinic since it was established in 2005. Our amazing team of physiotherapists, oncology & remedial therapists, exercise physiologist and fitness trainers are highly trained clinicians who effectively and quickly treat a variety of conditions such as back/spinal pain, sports injuries, neurological conditions, injuries or work related complaints.
All Australians can benefit from physiotherapy at some point in their lives. While it is well-known that physiotherapists treat injuries, increasing numbers of Australians are coming to physiotherapists when they want to take control of their health and stay well.
Oncology & Remedial Massage
Exercise physiologists assess their clients’ fitness in order to help them improve their health or maintain good health.