Barangaroo Orthopaedic and Sports Injury Clinic - Orthotics
Servicing areaSydney CBD, NSW
The key to better health could be right under your… toes
Your feet are integral to the good health of the rest of your body. In much the same way solid foundations guarantee the stability of a house, your feet support the weight of everything above them. When a small change occurs in your feet, the subtle difference in the way you walk will lead to a chain reaction of adjustments to your posture and walking mechanics. These changes can in turn place stress on joints higher up in your body, leading to more serious problems.
The symptoms of faulty foot mechanics can include any one of the following:
- Foot pain
- Bunions, hammer toes
- Arch/heel pain
- Leg/knee pain
- Hip or back pain
- Neck pain
Barangaroo Orthopaedic and Sports Injury Clinic’s Foot Injury Clinic can assess your foot biomechanics and help rebalance your feet, reducing pain and discomfort by enhancing your body’s natural movements. Our Orthotics are custom-made to correct your specific foot imbalance.
Orthotics work with your feet in a similar manner to the way glasses work on your eyes – they lower the stress and strain on your body by bringing your feet back into correct alignment. Orthotics fit into your shoes as comfortably as an insole – with the added advantage of having been made from precise imprints of your feet.
Properly made Orthotics are custom moulded to support the requirements of your feet. They help restore the balance and alignment of your body by gently correcting foot abnormalities.
If you experience any of the symptoms or situations below, then it is time to book an assessment and have Custom Orthotics designed for you by Barangaroo Orthopaedic and Sports Injury Clinic:
- My feet are sore on a regular basis
- I spend a good portion of my day standing or walking on hard surfaces
- I play sport regularly (tennis, golf, basketball, etc.)
- Standing, walking or running gives me joint pain (ankles, knees, hip or back)
- I am over 40 years old
- I have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc.)
- One of my legs is shorter than the other
- I have knock-knees or bow legs
- My shoes wear out quickly or unevenly
- My feet “toe out” when I walk
- My parents had foot-related problems
Contact us today for more information.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now