Acupuncture, Cosmetic Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine
Servicing areaDrummoyne, Cammeray & Kogarah NSW. Online consultations also available via Zoom or phone.
- Individual acupuncture treatments
- Individual kinesiology/life coaching sessions
- Specialised treatments with the combination of kinesiology to strengthen the body and acupuncture/Chinese medicine with the use of essential oils. This is Helens individual way of helping restore the body back to balance and heal the body via detoxification process and allowing the body to cope with its environment and diet. The use of combined treatments helps the body mentally, emotionally and physically to enhance ones life and health. Finding a good balance within your environment can be difficult but this treatment strengthens the body to cope with day to day stresses we put our bodies under. every organ dysfunction is accompanied by a muscle weakness. Finding a weak muscle enables practitioners to pin point malfunction of meridians in the body. If the body is not balanced it gets blocked and acupuncture helps restore and strength the body by using kinesiology as a detective tool by using the body to access stored information by accessing the meridian system to obtain information about the individually internally and externally.
We identify the layers to be addressed first and as the layers are resolved the body represents the next layer (ones own healing order) to be addressed. using the body’s wisdom and its ability to communicate its way towards healing. Sometimes nutritional supplements and herbal medication assists the healing process and detoxification quicker.
The body is tested how it responds to certain types of chemical substances to find a muscle weakness when your body is exposed to certain toxins and substances.
Chinese herbal medication
- To help boost the immune system
- Help enhance the digestive system
- Balance the body and keep the oxygen and blood moving.
Other techniques used with acupuncture or on their own:
- Cupping - suction designed to bring blood to the acupuncture point
- Chinese herbs - prepared tablet or granulated form
- Moxibustion - burning herbs held over or applied to acupuncture points
- Guasha - (scraping and bruises the skin) is a traditional Chinese medical treatment in which the skin is scraped to produce light bruising. Gua sha releases unhealthy elements from injured areas and stimulates blood flow and healing.
After a session of acupuncture, you will normally feel relaxed and refreshed, but specific responses depend on each person. For instance, some people feel energised, while others feel sleepy. Occasionally, the symptoms get a little worse before they improve.
It's a medical practice that stimulates points on the body via a needle to alleviate pain by reducing inflammation and help treat signs and symptoms that come with health issues. Disease enters the body due to the disturbance of flow of energy (qi) within the body. By needling points to release this qi and allow it to flow. The qi moves and travels via channels/blood vessels known as meridians in Chinese medicine.
Acupuncture improves the bodies function and enables a natural self healing by using certain points. Traditional Chinese medicine is based from the ancient philosophy that the universe and body are acting as two opposite forces, also referred to as yin and yang. With Chinese medicine and acupuncture we are able to bring these two forces together and balance the body to optimal health and well being.
The qi flowing enables the yin and yang to remain balanced as if the qi gets blocked it can cause pain and disharmony that leads to diseases. Acupuncture can assist with pain, sleep, digestive function, nausea, headaches, anxiety, depression, irregular periods, and well being.
What to expect during an acupuncture treatment?
The number of treatments you need depends on your condition. In most cases, people experience a reduction in symptoms within a few sessions. The idea of acupuncture is to restore the natural balance of energy inside your body. Once the balance is restored, the body can take care of itself and no further treatments are necessary.
A Cosmetic Acupuncture session does not necessarily mean that you are ageing, you can come in for a treatment at any age. However, it is an incredibly effective modality of you are in later life and looking to improve your facial appearance and overall health. As you age your circulation slows down and becomes more sluggish. Cosmetic Acupuncture works by enhancing the flow of blood to the area and in doing so improves elastin and collage to have firmer skin.
The energy meridians within the body transport energy from head to toe and this circulation is integral to wellbeing and health. The meridians of the body connect to the organs, thus, if there is a health issue with any organ it becomes clearly visible on the face. Not only will an acupuncture session help to restore the flow of energy around the body for healing it is also incredibly relaxing and releases endorphins (feel-good hormones). The number of treatments required depends on your specific situation and symptoms/issues, however, there are no chemicals uses or bruises, scratches, cuts, or lumps left following a session, so it is safe and effective.
What to expect during a cosmetic acupuncture treatment?
Cosmetic acupuncture increases the blood circulation in your skin. Your circulation tends to get a little sluggish as you age. Cosmetic acupuncture allows collagen and elastin back to where you want it and allowing for more blood flow to have more firmer skin. Facial acupuncture allows for the muscle to relax as we present with tension on our face via lines.
No side effects here, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
Your health benefits from the sessions as beautiful skin is linked to good health.
It’s relaxing. It may seem unlikely that an acupuncture treatment is relaxing, but the truth is that acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, those feel-good chemicals in your brain.
Cosmetic acupuncture is chemical-free.
Helps clear congested skin.
Helps have better skin tone, firmness, dryness, dullness, pimples, pigmentation, fine line and baggy eyes.
The energy meridians of Chinese medicine carry energy around the body from head to toe. This circulation of energy is vital to health and well-being. The meridians connect to the organs of the body, so if there is a health problem with any organ it becomes clearly visible in the face.
Treatment can be started at any age. In your late twenties/early thirties for example, treatment can prevent the signs of ageing. Later in life, it may take longer for the body to come back into harmony, but the benefits are immense, not just for your facial appearance, but for your overall health.
A series of 10-12 treatments is recommended, with one to two treatments per week if you are just noticing fine lines or minor problems, and have no major health concerns. If you have already developed significant wrinkles or other skin issues it is recommended that you complete 15 treatments as there will be significantly more internal imbalances in the body requiring more comprehensive treatment.
- Consultation & Skin Assessment
- Facial Acupuncture Treatment
- Body Acupuncture Treatment
- 75 minutes
Follow Up Consultation
- Facial Acupuncture Treatment
- Body Acupuncture Treatment
- 60 minutes
Book now to find out how you can use these traditional natural therapies.
- Diploma In Life Coaching
- Degree In Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Qualified Crystal Resonance Therapist
- Diploma of Kinesiology
- Australian Institute of Kinesiologists Ltd
- ATMS - Australian Traditional Medicine Society
- AACMA - Australian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Association
- IICT - International Institute For Complementary Therapists
- ABNLP - NLP Association of Australia
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now