Float Therapy, Oxygen Therapy & Cryotherapy
Servicing areaKilsyth South, Ringwood & Melbourne VIC
What Treatments Do We Offer?
The Melbourne Float House in Kilsyth South VIC specialises in different kinds of natural therapies that can treat a variety of physical and psychological conditions. Among these are Float Therapy, Cryotherapy and Oxygen Therapy.
What is Float Therapy?
Floatation Therapy helps you achieve deep calmness and relieve pain. Lying in a tank of warm water with more than 500kgs of Epsom salt dissolved into it relaxes the muscles and the mind.
You may wear a swimsuit or not wear anything at all. The tank is typically dark to induce relaxation, but you have full control over the light button so you can leave the light on if you want. You also have the option to listen to music or a guided meditation.
The Benefits of Floating
Float therapy was invented in the mid-50s and found to be beneficial for different health conditions.
Studies show that floating for an hour in saline water offers the following benefits:
- Relieves mild or chronic pain from fibromyalgia, sports injuries, joint problems, muscle or soft tissue injuries
- Relieves stress by lowering your cortisol levels
- Alleviates anxiety and depression by increasing your dopamine
- Soothes skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and acne. Epsom salts deep cleanse the pores of the skin and remove acne-causing bacteria.
- Improves sleep quality
- Reduces headaches
- Improves focus and concentration
- Relieves pain associated with pregnancy
What is Oxygen Therapy?
The blood oxygen levels in our blood are usually 21%, but going into an oxygen pod increases it to 35%. This considerable amount of oxygen can do wonders for your health such as improve your blood circulation and speed up your recovery time following surgery.
By simply lying down in the oxygen chamber you can reap numerous benefits as your blood oxygen levels increase. Don’t worry if you hear a slight popping sound in your ears as the pressure in the pod increases. It wanes off as soon as you have equalised your ears.
The Benefits of Oxygen Therapy
Undergoing oxygen therapy can yield tremendous benefits. In addition to soft tissue injuries and post-surgery recovery,
it can also help with the following conditions:
- Chronic skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema
- Fatigue due to jet lag
- Focus and concentration
What is Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy is a safe, painless therapy that helps with various conditions including chronic pain, weight loss and inflammation. It employs extremely cold temperatures that last for about three minutes to activate the body’s healing ability.
When you get into the cryo chamber, which is cooled down to less than 160℃ using liquid nitrogen, your blood goes around your vital organs carrying all the nutrients with it. After three minutes, you step out of the chamber and your nutrient-rich blood flows back to your extremities and triggers the healing process.
The Benefits of Cryotherapy
Getting into a cryotherapy chamber rids your body of pain and inflammation. Apart from achieving peak physical condition,
you can enjoy the following too:
- Fast post-surgery recovery
- Better sleep quality
- Delayed onset muscle soreness due to the reduction of inflammation
- Relief from depression, anxiety and insomnia as cryotherapy works to increase the production of your endorphin, otherwise known as ‘feel good’ hormone
- Reduced chronic fatigue
Book an appointment to learn more about these natural therapies and experience their wonderful benefits.
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now