Mindful Hypnosis - HypnoBirthing
What Is HypnoBirthing?
The HypnoBirthing Childbirth method is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
You will learn to call upon your body’s own natural relaxant and thus lessen or eliminate discomfort and the need for medication. When a woman is properly prepared for childbirth and when mind and body are in harmony, nature is free to function in the same well-designed manner that it does with all other creatures.
How Does It Work?
HypnoBirthing teaches you to release all prior programming about birth, how to trust your body and work with it, as well as how to free yourself of harmful emotions that lead to pain-causing fear and unyielding muscles.
HypnoBirthing will teach you the art of using your own natural birthing instincts. With HypnoBirthing, you will be aware and fully in control, yet profoundly relaxed.
he Advantages of HypnoBirthing
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during and after birthing.
- Reduces, and often eliminates the need for chemical anaesthesia, episiotomy, and other interventions.
- Lessens fatigue during labour, leaving the mother fresh, awake, and energised as she brings her baby into the world.
- Shortens the thinning and opening phase of labour by several hours and allows the birthing mother to utilise the natural pulsations of her body to breathe her baby down to the crowning stage, rather than pushing for long, exhausting periods of time.
- Reduces risk of pelvic floor damage.
- Brings the mother, the baby, and the birthing companion together in a wonderful prenatal, peri natal, and postnatal bonding experience.
- The birthing companion is an integral part of the birthing, not an onlooker.
- Almost entirely eliminates postnatal discomfort and 'baby blues'.
- Babies are better adjusted and happier, resulting in better eating and sleeping routines.
- Mothers don't run the risk of hyperventilating from shallow breathing.
- Birthing is returned to the safe, beautiful, peaceful experience that Nature intended.
What To Expect?
Session 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
The first session is about reprogramming your beliefs that surround childbirth. For so long women have been told to believe that birthing should be a painful and arduous event. This is not so. By learning how your body works with you and for you, you will gain a deep understanding of the natural and normal journey that is pregnancy and birth.
You and your birthing companion will also be introduced into the world of deep relaxation as we begin to provide you with the numerous techniques you will use throughout the birthing journey. You will leave this session with new positive feelings towards birth.
Session 2: Falling in Love With Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
Before your baby is even born, he/she can sense what is going on around them. Learning to fall in love with your baby can have a profound effect on development outside of the womb. We start off this session with some HypnoBirthing videos followed by prenatal bonding exercises to help you appreciate the miracle developing inside. Next, we follow on with more relaxation, and breathing techniques. These techniques will be invaluable to you during the birth. Combine this with the benefits of light touch massage, and you will leave with a calm, comfortable mind and body.
Session 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
Your birthing date is getting closer. In this session we explore just what you birthing date really is, and how to avoid interventions such as artificial induction by achieving a natural start to labour.
You will also have the opportunity to release any fears, limiting thoughts or negative emotions you may be harbouring surrounding your pregnancy and birth. With the fears released, you will be free from tension, which means being free to birth naturally.
Session 4: Overview of Childbirth—A Labour of Love
During this session we move through the birthing process, and what you can expect to experience. This doesn't just go for the mother, but the birth companion too. They play a vital part in the birthing process, so it’s important for them to know what to do. We review common misconceptions, and give you suggestions to help birthing along if it doesn't go quite to plan.
Session 5: Birthing-Breathing Love, Bringing Life
It is nearly time for your baby to emerge into the world. During this final session we take you through the hallmarks of true labour, give you techniques to birth your baby without the need to push and strain, as is commonly portrayed. You will also learn how to bond with your baby after it is born, so you have a happy loving relationship.
HypnoBirthing is made up of 5 x 2.5 hour sessions. These sessions can take place as part of a group (maximum 3 couples) or individually if you would prefer. The ideal time to start your course is around the 28 week stage of your pregnancy. This will give you ample time to practice and master the techniques you will learn during the sessions. However, if you are reading this and you are further along in your pregnancy it is not too late to start.
Class Times for 2013
Classes are held on Saturdays 10.00am til 12.30pm or 2.00pm til 4.30pm in Williamstown. If you are unable to attend the Saturday classes please contact me to arrange a weekday/evening session.
Next group classes will begin March/April.
Classes have limited places so register early.
Course times and dates may be subject to change.
How Much Is My Investment?
The total cost of group sessions is $395 per couple.
The total cost of Individual private sessions is $495 per couple.
Discounted rates are available for those on low incomes.
What Do You Get
HypnoBirthing offers you "Class" and so much more:
- Your own copy of the 302-page HypnoBirthing Text, HypnoBirthing-- The Mongan Method
- 5 information-packed class meetings, helping you to understand why labor
- Doesn't have to hurt
- 5 professionally written scripts for your home practice
- 2 CDs for your relaxation, stress reduction, and bonding (Including the program
- Cornerstone disk, Rainbow Relaxation)
- Handouts for planning your Birth Preferences
- A set of Birth Prompts for your birth Companion
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
- A free hypnotic session in building birth confidence and eliminating fears
- A Guide to good pregnancy nutrition
- Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing, plus
- Well-paced instruction designed to build your confidence and help you to
- Have a safer, easier, and more comfortable birthing
- Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labor and during birthing
- Private instruction if desired
- Small classes for personal attention
- Body toning exercises and practice
- The advantage and confidence of the Mongan Method reputation for top-quality
- Birthing preparation
- You will also receive unlimited free follow up support via phone or email.
What Do I Do Now?
Group HypnoBirthing sessions are held in Williamstown.
Private In home classes are available depending on your location.
For more information on classes or to register for a class contact me by email or phone.
Just emailing to let you know that our beautiful daughter was born weighing in at 9 pounds 9 and a half!! and 54cm long, she's beautiful. We were SO happy with the labour as it went just as planned - peaceful, relaxed, and really a wonderful experience (our hypnobirthing cd played for the entire 5 hours and 37 minutes that I was in labour!). I was lucky enough to have a wonderful midwife who was on the "same page" as us with our birth plan which made it even better. I didn't have any pain relief except for my breathing and relaxing and it was quite an experience. I'd like to thank you for all the information you provided at our Hypnobirthing Classes as I honestly believe that was the main contributor to our beautiful birthing experience."
How are you?
I just wanted to let you know that we welcomed a lovely baby girl weighing 3.4kgs, 7lb 9oz.
My labour went really well during the night at home, the hypnobirthing worked amazingly. My midwives were in awe as they watched my birth partner just use a few words to make me relax and breath easily through the contractions. After just 6 hours of labour I was 9cm dilated.
So happy that we did the course and how well it worked during the labour - would definately recommend it to my friends and patients!
Hi Claire Hope you are well.
Our son was born at home. I had a water birth and he was 7 pound 7. It was a challenging yet wonderful experience, no problems or emergencies and he is very healthy and thriving. We played the hypnobirthing CD for most of the time that i was in the water to help me focus. All in all it was fantastic, the midwife took photos and video galore so we can relive it. Thanks for all your help in bringing our baby into the world beautifully and calmly.
- Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Psychotherapist and Counsellor
- Advanced Diploma in Clinical HypnoPsychotherapy
Helping YOU facilitate positive change, self empowerment and happiness. Mindful Hypnosis provides professional hypnotherapy, psychotherapy & counselling using a variety of therapeutic techniques as well as HypnoBirthing.
Helping YOU facilitate positive change, self empowerment and happiness. Mindful Hypnosis provides professional Hypnotherapy, services, to people of all ages in the greater Williamstown area.
We here at Mindful Hypnosis specialise in providing a range of professional Counselling & Psychotherapy services, to people of all ages in the greater Williamstown area. Call today to make a booking.