Nurtured Birth - Doula Services
Servicing areaWindsor, Prahran, South Yarra, St Kilda, Elwood, Caulfield, Richmond, Malvern, Melbourne
What Is a Doula?
A doula, also known as a birth attendant or birth support person, is an experienced and trained birth companion that supports you and your partner throughout the childbearing journey. Their role is to give you emotional, physical and knowledgeable support throughout labor, birth and the postnatal period. Her aim is to encourage and guide you through all your questions, fears and physical discomforts, so you can feel relaxed, focused and confident about giving birth.
Why Should You See a Doula?
There are 7 main reasons why you should organise a Doula for your next pregnancy:
- A Doula helps with preparation, planning and making informed choices.
- Empowering you with strength and confidence
- Ensuring you are heard and your wishes respected.
- A Doula helps you with comfort techniques and advice
- Sharing the workload with your partner to reduce stress.
- A non-clinical continuous care provider
- Ensuring a calm and peaceful birth environment
Call Sarah on 0401 083 778 to organise your next Doula Session
Doula Services That Are On Offer
Nurtured Birth doula most basic services includes:
- A minimum of two prenatal meetings
- Assistance in creating a birth plan
- Phone support as needed throughout the pregnancy
- On-call status 24 hours a day
- Evidence based information that you can use to enhance your health and wellbeing
- Early labour support at your home or hospital (as required or requested)
- Continuous on-hand labour support once active labour has begun
- Non-medical comfort measures such as position changes, relaxation, massage and other techniques for pain management during labour
- Maintaining a calm and peaceful birth environment
- One postpartum visit (usually occurring within the first seven days after the birth),
1 postpartum meeting (usually occurring within the first seven days after the birth), is also included as one of our Doula services. This appointment is used to see how you are going and is the perfect time for you to discuss any concerns you may have. A review of your birth and your experiences will also be conducted, in order for Sarah to get feedback.
NOTE: Back-up Doula services are also available, with more information about any of our services available here.
Which Doula Service Is Right For Your Needs?
If you're looking for additional support to help you through your pregnancy & birth, Sarah's Doula services are perfect for you. From providing birth support, during this special time of your babies arrival to offering postnatal advice and support. Sarah can use her skills to help your pregnancy and birthing journey be a supportive, positive and a nurturing experience. Pregnancy Massage treatments complement all of Sarah's Doula services, with more information about either of these services available click here.
Doula Birth Support package starts at $1,350. For more information give Sarah a call on 0401 083 778.