Orchard Nutrition and Dietetics
Hi! I’m Emily, an Accredited Practising Dietitian and an Accredited Nutritionist. I’m passionate about helping people to reach their own individual health goals. By listening to each person’s unique issues and challenges and providing tailored support and guidance, I can support you to improve your wellbeing.
I have completed a Bachelor of Food Science and Nutrition and a Masters of Dietetics through Deakin University and am a member of the Dietitian’s Association of Australia (DAA). I have a number of years’ experience working as a dietitian and am passionate about helping individuals to meet their health and wellness goals.
To me, “nutrition” is about nourishing the body with a variety of foods which leave you feeling good, but importantly, enjoying the food you consume, without guilt or shame. I see food as being essential to our social, cultural and physical wellbeing, though I know all too well just how easily the enjoyment of food can be lost. This can occur for a number of reasons, including digestive issues, food intolerances, weight and body image concerns and a pre-occupation with food and “health.” It is for this reason that I am particularly passionate about supporting people to develop a healthy relationship with food and their body and learn to love food again.
Emily can assist in the management of the following:
- General nutrition and wellbeing
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Weight management (for both under and over weight)
- Emotional eating, non-hungry eating, binge eating, disordered eating
- Heart health, including high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Type 1 diabetes, Type 2 diabetes, Gestational Diabetes
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Women’s health issues, including hormonal imbalances
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome and food intolerance (including Coeliac Disease and FODMAP intolerances)
Emily can provide group education sessions on a range of nutrition-related topics, including general nutrition/healthy eating, chronic disease management and mindful eating.
Group sessions can be arranged by appointment.
Contact me today for more information and to arrange an appointment.