Treating injuries and helping you achieve the maximum level of injury recovery so you can get back to enjoying life to its fullest is our commitment to all of our patients.
But, like every person, every injury is different and each requires specialized treatment, programs, advice and techniques. For this reason, Pinnacle offers a complete range of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Services, Clinical Pilates, Exercise Physiology, Myotherapy and Massage Therapy.
- Longer Appointment Times
At Pinnacle Physiotherapy we believe it takes time to deliver the best possible treatment for you. That’s why we give you longer appointments, so we can spend more time assessing and treating your problem areas.
- Hands On
Longer appointments mean we get more time to actually treat you. Let’s face it – that’s the reason you come to see us. What’s more, we use our hands – not machines. Hands-on treatment is after all what we’re trained to do, and more importantly, gets the results you want.
- Self Management
At Pinnacle we also involve you in your treatment. We believe that effective self management goes a long way to achieving better results, more quickly. Along with quality treatment, we will give you advice, direction and all the knowledge you need to get back on track sooner.
We realise that there can be many medical practitioners involved in your care, so we ensure open communication with your GP, sports physician or surgeon so that you can be confident that your treatment is based on a collaborative team approach aimed at the best possible results for you.
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
A Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist is a qualified physio who has gone on to study a Masters in Manipulative Physiotherapy. This provides specialist care for your spinal pain and peripheral injuries.
As Pilates is an individually tailored form of exercise, an initial private assessment with your Pilates practitioner is essential. During this consultation we will discuss your needs and goals based on your lifestyle, work and level of activity, as well as any injuries or concerns you may have. It may also include a Real Time Ultrasound examination of your lower abdominals, which is a great way to know if you’re turning on the right muscles.
Fundamentals of pilates include:
- Deep core activation and control
- Spinal mobility
- Joint control
- Muscular conditioning
- Postural correction
Myotherapists assess and physically treat myofascial pain, injury and dysfunction affecting movement and mobility. Myotherapy is applied in the preventative, corrective and rehabilitative phases of therapy to restore and maintain the normal integrity of the soft tissue structure (muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia) of the human body.
Common conditions that Myotherapists can treat include:
- Sporting & occupational injuries
- Stiffness & pain associated with poor posture
- Associated joint & vertebral dysfunction & pain
- Acute & chronic conditions affecting function & mobility
- Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Headaches / migraines
- Acute and chronic stiff and painful neck
- Chronic overuse syndromes – tendonitis, RSI, tennis/golfer’s elbow, carpal tunnel
- Acute & chronic back pain / ‘sciatica’
- Shoulder pain, impingement syndrome, frozen shoulder
- Hand & finger numbness / tingling – thoracic outlet syndrome
- Knee, leg & foot pain – shin splints, patella tracking dysfunction, runners knee, ankle sprains
- Arthritis / Multiple Sclerosis
- Pregnancy – pre/post natal complaints
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia
- Pain & dysfunction associated with stress & tension
- Rehabilitative stage of an injury or illness
Remedial Massage Therapy
Benefits of Remedial Massage
Remedial massage holistically treats the whole body and traces the discomfort as far as possible back to the original cause, healing both the cause of the disorder as well as the symptoms.
Key benefits of Remedial Massage include:
- The stimulation to the blood supply allowing toxins in the muscles to be removed
- The calming of the peripheral nervous system to ease pain and discomfort
- The toning and relaxing of muscles to improve joint mobility
- An improvement to the health of the cells, the repairing of tissues, and the easing of stiffness and tension can also be experienced through therapeutic relaxation.
Muscular and skeletal dysfunctions often addressed with Remedial Massage include Fibrositis, Spondylitis, Arthritis, muscular cramps, Whiplash, muscular atrophy, sports and dancing injuries.
Current evidence supports physical activity and exercise as an integral treatment for both primary and secondary prevention and the treatment of chronic disease. Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) play an important, irreplaceable role as physical activity and exercise specialists within healthcare.
An AEP can provide local services for:
- patients at high-risk of developing or currently with chronic disease;
- patients at risk of developing, or currently with existing injury, that require rehabilitation to improve physical function; and
- patients in need of lifestyle change through risk factor modification, at all levels of readiness to behavioural change.
Fitness & Wellness Classes
- Mat Pilates
Improve your strength, flexibility, balance and awareness in the General Pilates Class! Modifications and progressions are provided for varying fitness levels and small props are used to give resistance, challenge or assistance to the exercises.
Yoga PilatesRe-energize your body and mind with an hour of flowing stretching, strengthening and toning. Combining the best of the two exercise styles to leave you feeling great.
- Senior’s Pilates
Over 55’s can enjoy a gentle Pilates class in a comfortable environment with focus on improving bone density, decompressing joints and improving mobility. Small props are utilised in this class and exercises are tailored with specific conditions in mind, for example- osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, back pain etc.
One of the ultimate forms of exercise, combining boxing skills in combinations and drills with body weight training. Suitable for all training levels and lots of fun.
A combination of cardiovascular and strength endurance stations, which is designed to improve muscle strength, aerobic fitness and burn body fat. Finishing off with an abs blast and then stretch. The full body workout.
Pelvic Floor ClinicAt Pinnacle Physio you will be seen by a Physiotherapist with postgraduate qualifications in management of pelvic floor dysfunction. Help for a wide variety of problems is offered. Some of these problems are difficult to talk about and many people have suffered in silence for many years before they find us. Rest assured that we will offer sensitivity, discretion and empathy in helping you to overcome your problem
Recovering from injury or surgery can be a challenging and uncertain time. Here at Pinnacle Physiotherapy we offer a range of rehabilitation services so you can recuperate in a safe, caring and supportive environment under the careful supervision of our highly qualified Physiotherapists and fitness staff.
Our clinics offer a fully equipped rehabilitation studio which offers:
- Individual sessions for rehab program development.
- Group classes run by Physiotherapists and Exercise Physiologists.
- Post surgical rehabilitation.
For all bookings and enquiries please call either our Dromana or Mornington clinic and talk to our friendly reception team.
Nearby PractitionersView all
Click on Send Me Details Now to get startedSend Me Details Now